Changes to DS-156 and DS-157 forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to DS-156 and DS-157 forms

We took a visa appointment for my parents online for 26th April. We did make a couple of mistakes while filling in the DS156 and DS157 forms online. We want to change those. Can we take an empty form, fill it, print it and ask my parents to carry the new ones with them. Does the consulate get to see the forms filled online at all.
    Any help will be appreciated, Thanks,

Some of the fields on DS 156 and 157 can be edited after scheduling appt. For non-editable columns, u can take printouts and fill out manually. Take this manually filled form along with other one for interview. Let the officer know abt the changes.

to edit forms after making appt, do the following:

Go to VFS site, click on 'Apply for non-immigrant Visa'. Enter ur passport and receipt details. U will see a link that says "Retrieve/Modify appln'
    Last edited by dahlia; 02-15-2006, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

My father took VRS some time back and doesn't even earn a pension. He owns a house and some land back home. My mom is a house wife. Thinking that this might not be a good case for applying visas for them together, we applied for them seperately on adjacent days. Is that fine. Does that make our chances any better. Or is it better to get an interview for them together. I know there are no written rules ... but any one from their experiences ...

Thanks,

Comment

hi

i think applying on the same day is always better whatever may be the case n if they r approved, they both will be....which is always better than one getting it and one not ..
        which consulate?
        so all the best

Comment

Thanks!! It is the chennai counsulate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X