Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b extension

Hi,
    My H1b is expiring in sept 2010. What documents do i need to file an extension.
    Thanks

Same as that of fresh H1.

Comment

H1B Extension Checklist

It's the same set of documents that you provided your employer when you applied H1B for the 1st time plus some additional documents. The H1B extension need to be filed by your employer. Here is the checklist.

1) H1B extension petition
      2) Copy of I-94 card (Front & back).
      3) Copy of valid passport including the biographical informaion.
      4) Copy of the visa stamps.
      5) All previous approval notices.
      6) Copy of all degrees, diplomas, transcripts and mark sheets.
      7) Copy of work experience letters (Offer letters and Relieving letters)
      8) Latest resume.
      9) Most recent pay slips
      10) Employment verification letter (In company's letterhead)
      11) Client letter if you work at the client place (In their letterhead)
      12) If there is a middle vendor between you and the client, then the SOW between the vendor and the client (There have been RFE's in the past requesting this document)
      13) Copy of your approved LCA
      14) For extensions beyond the sixth year include all of the above, plus documentary evidence of a labor certification, an I-140, or an I-485 that has been pending at least 365 days by the end of the sixth year.
      15) Copies of your W2's.
      16) Filing fees (Check the USCIS website for the latest fee details)
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

hi,
        thanks for the reply..
        i just joined my job.i dont have the paystubs..
        i have the purchase order that says that the project duration is for 6 months, and my h1b is expiring in september.
        Do i need a freash LCA or the first one will be sufficient?
        Thanks!!

Comment

i just joined my job.i dont have the paystubs..
          >>> If you were on bench (without pay) then extension of status is not possible. If you have just entered U.S on H1B visa, then you can apply for the extension without payslips.

Do i need a freash LCA or the first one will be sufficient?
          >>> If yu already have an LCA and if it is valid, then that is enough.

Comment

h1b extension

Hi,
            My visa is going to expire on 20th sept. I have two vendors involved between my client and my employer, the Prime vendor(who directly works with the client) and a midvendor(between my employer and Prime vendor).Few Questions

1. My client is not ready to give a letter(on his letterhead). What can i provide in lieu of the client letter(will the Purchase Order provided by prime vendor to midvendor work?)
            2.Instead of providing my client letter can i provide a letter from my prime vendor(big indian it firm like TCS,INFOSYS,WIPRO), that i am working for them and a letter from my employer, as my employment verification letter.
            3. SOW is a confidential document and vendor cannot provide that.What can i provide in liew of that?
            4. How much time before petition expiry do i have to apply for extension?
            5. Can i apply multiple petitions from prime and mid vendors?

Thanks in anticipation..
            Last edited by vkrmhj; 09-02-2010, 12:47 AM.

Comment

1. My client is not ready to give a letter(on his letterhead). What can i provide in lieu of the client letter(will the Purchase Order provided by prime vendor to midvendor work?)
              >>> Advisable to provide the client letter. If that is not possible, then the SOW between the client and the prime vendor, The SOW between the prime vendor and the mid-vendor and finally the SOW between your employer and mid-vendor should be provided (Do you really have to work with these many layers?)

2.Instead of providing my client letter can i provide a letter from my prime vendor(big indian it firm like TCS,INFOSYS,WIPRO), that i am working for them and a letter from my employer, as my employment verification letter.
              >>> You can do. If there is an RFE for the client letter, then you will end-up having to provide the SOW's mentioned above as a substitute.

3. SOW is a confidential document and vendor cannot provide that.What can i provide in liew of that?
              >>> If that is what is requested, then that is what you will have to submit. Usually when you provide the client letter, then won't ask for SOW. Well, you never know, sometimes they might ask even after submitting the client letter.

4. How much time before petition expiry do i have to apply for extension?
              >>> You can apply 6 months in advance.

5. Can i apply multiple petitions from prime and mid vendors?
              >>> Yes.

Comment

h1b extension

Thanks for your reply.
                I am providing the Purchase Order between my prime vendor and my midvendor/employer in lieu of client letter.
                One letter from my employer stating that i am employed.Does this work?

My petition(visa) is expiring on 20th Sept. How late can i apply?

Comment

I am providing the Purchase Order between my prime vendor and my midvendor/employer in lieu of client letter.
                  One letter from my employer stating that i am employed.Does this work?
                  >>> It depends on whether USCIS will need additional evidence or not. It is not easy to predict when you have so many layers in between.

My petition(visa) is expiring on 20th Sept. How late can i apply?
                  >>> The application for extension should reach USCIS before your current I-94 expires. Advisable to file as early as possible.

Comment

h1b extension

I just found a mail when i joined my client. This mail has an identification attachment which bears client logo, my name, my employee id, department,my joining date, my managers name, his contact and his signature.
                    Can i provide this as a proof that i am working for a genuine clien?t

Comment

Yes. you can also provide copies of the time sheet that you submit to the client as additional proof.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X