Passport Name Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Name Confusion

I'm trying to purchase a ticket to leave the US to the UK for a few weeks vacation. I am a permanent Resident, have my green card and they stamped my UK passport. My question is which name do I book the ticket under? My UK Passport is in my maiden name, my Permanent Resident ID is in my married name?

Do I need to purchase a US Passport so they both have the same name, my married name? Or is the stamp in my UK Passport enough proof that I am the same person and can use the UK Passport to Travel outside the US?

Which name do I book the ticket under???

Such a silly thing to be so confused about but I don't want to buy the ticket then find out I can't use it!

Thanks so much!!

Kirstine

Originally posted by Kirstine View Post
    I'm trying to purchase a ticket to leave the US to the UK for a few weeks vacation. I am a permanent Resident, have my green card and they stamped my UK passport. My question is which name do I book the ticket under? My UK Passport is in my maiden name, my Permanent Resident ID is in my married name?

Do I need to purchase a US Passport so they both have the same name, my married name? Or is the stamp in my UK Passport enough proof that I am the same person and can use the UK Passport to Travel outside the US?

Which name do I book the ticket under???

Such a silly thing to be so confused about but I don't want to buy the ticket then find out I can't use it!

Thanks so much!!

Kirstine
    book the ticket under whatever name is in your passport

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X