Confused about travel whilst awaiting a change in status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about travel whilst awaiting a change in status

I recently came to the US to stay with family on an L2 visa. When I entered the US i recently found out my expiration date on my I94 isn't until 2013, however my visa expired in January 2012. (therefore I am assuming this is a mistake?)

I turned 21 in January, so I applied for a change of status to a B2 Visa (so i could stay long enough to then apply for an F1 Visa this summer)
    The application was received Jan 6th 2012 and I have received my I-797C NOA but as of yet I am still awaiting a decision.

I have been invited to attend a cruise on the 1st April to travel around south america, however the cruise will also enter Mexico.

What is my situation regarding leaving and re entering the US is this going to cause a problem and jeopardize my application, is there any way I can go on this cruise without having to apply for seperate visas? or should I just forget about going on the cruise all together.

Any advice would be appreciated the last thing I wish to do is mess up my situation for the sake of a weeks vacation.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X