Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for UK Visitor Visa in NY but H1B visa is expired on passport

Hello All,

I live in USA on H1B. I want to apply for visitor visa to UK. I have a valid H1B petition 1797 (work permit) till 2016 but the H1B visa stamped on the passport got expired in March 2013.

I am first planning to go to India, where I will get my H1b visa stamped on passport and on return journey I am planning to stop over UK for a small vacation. However, since I wont have enough time in India to get both US and UK visa processed, I am planning to apply for UK visa right now in US. But with visa expired on passport can i still apply for UK visa with a valid I797. I have all the other required documentation like employer letter, bank stmts, tax returns etc.

Can I still apply for visa? Is there anyone who has applied for UK visitor visa from USA with similar condition?

Thanks
    J

any update?

hi there,
    I am on the same boat like you., planning to visit UK in the month of dec., my visa expired by I have a valid I797. Do you have any update?
    Originally posted by jinesh25 View Post
    Hello All,

I live in USA on H1B. I want to apply for visitor visa to UK. I have a valid H1B petition 1797 (work permit) till 2016 but the H1B visa stamped on the passport got expired in March 2013.

I am first planning to go to India, where I will get my H1b visa stamped on passport and on return journey I am planning to stop over UK for a small vacation. However, since I wont have enough time in India to get both US and UK visa processed, I am planning to apply for UK visa right now in US. But with visa expired on passport can i still apply for UK visa with a valid I797. I have all the other required documentation like employer letter, bank stmts, tax returns etc.

Can I still apply for visa? Is there anyone who has applied for UK visitor visa from USA with similar condition?

Thanks
    J

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X