Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Approved H1B Petition Considered as Valid US Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Approved H1B Petition Considered as Valid US Visa?

Hello,

I have a question for you. Does anyone know if we need to obtain a Direct Air Transit Visa in following scenario?
    • Passport Type - Indian
    • The Expiration Date of US visa in 2016 but the visa type is F1 (No longer a student)
    • Currently on H1B visa with approved petition but no stamping
    • Transit via UK Heathrow Airport (3 hours stopover) changing terminals NOT airport

I am planning to travel from the US to India on Dec 15th for my H1B Stamping but fiddling with the DATV requirement. It is not quiet straightforward, if I need to obtain it. Please let me know if anyone ran into similar situation.

Thanks in advance guys.

Best Regards,
    Prachi

Originally posted by Prachi Jain View Post
    Hello,

I have a question for you. Does anyone know if we need to obtain a Direct Air Transit Visa in following scenario?
    • Passport Type - Indian
    • The Expiration Date of US visa in 2016 but the visa type is F1 (No longer a student)
    • Currently on H1B visa with approved petition but no stamping
    • Transit via UK Heathrow Airport (3 hours stopover) changing terminals NOT airport

I am planning to travel from the US to India on Dec 15th for my H1B Stamping but fiddling with the DATV requirement. It is not quiet straightforward, if I need to obtain it. Please let me know if anyone ran into similar situation.

Thanks in advance guys.

Best Regards,
    Prachi

I am also in the same boat , how was your experience?
    Last edited by fingerling; 01-03-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X