Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS Tier 1 General Migrant Visa

Hi Everyone,

I got my PBS Tier 1 General Migrant Visa in Jan, because of recession I am planning to travel UK after 6 months( may be in the month of JAN next year). Is there any restriction on PBS Tier 1 visa that it will expire if person don't travel with in certain period (say 6 months).

Please let me know as soon as possible, so that I can plan by trip before my visa expires(I got my visa 4 months back).

Thanks,
    Uday

RE: PBS Tier 1 General Migrant Visa

Hi Uday,

I am also a holder of the Tier 1 General Migrant Visa. As per the British High Commission here in India, there is no restriction on the entry period after you get a visa. But, I am planning to take some days off from my work and visit UK, get the EC and come back and then resign from my job depending on the offers, that I might get there.

Hope that helps

Cheers,
    Anand

Comment

Visiting UK on PBS TIER 1 GENERAL MIGRANT

Hi,

I am visiting UK(London,Gatwick) this weekend(3 days) with a PBS Tier1 General Migrant Visa(valid from feb'09) just for the EC. What kind of questions can i expect at the immigration check?

Can i tell them that i am there just for a visit?

Moreover i am travelling to UK from Denmark as i am on a business trip here.

Appreciate you help.

Regards,
      Anirash

Comment

Hi All,
        my PBS Tier1 visa also approved. Do you guys have any tips to search for jobs? Please forward the links of prospective job agents / firms.

My visa validity already started this month (June 2009), but I couldn't find a job so far. I am in IT (SAP) with more than 10 yewar experience. Appreciate your kind guidance and suggestions.

Thank you

Raj

Comment

jobs in uk

Its pretty wierd here. I consider myself an expert and the amount
          of effort that I have put here to find a job, if had put it back in
          India, I will be sitting on 5 offers today. I have been searching
          for 2 weeks (only) now, however, the consultants that call
          dont seem genuine, they seem judgemental and have preconcieved
          notions!!.

Here the consultants looks for "keyword" match in your resume.
          You might actually be very suitable for the job, but the consultant
          may just not send the resume out to the company. Its hard to
          find companies directly and the consultants appear to be pretty
          crappy and they seem to have a preconcieved notion that Indians
          will not be honest and assume we may leak information to other
          consultants. Every consultant that calls has to check me up first
          by asking a whole bunch of tricking nonsence questions, before
          telling me which company it is and the details.

To cut things short you will ONLY get a job if your immidient previous
          work experience which is atleast for more than 2 years is EXACTLY
          matching EVERY KEYWORD in the opening. You may be capable of
          doing the job fantastically well, but that would not matter. You will
          have to morph your resume to convince your consultant that you are fit.

Also some companies have arrogant interviewers, I had a telephonic
          interview yesterday, for a JOB that exactly matches my profile and
          I know he cant get anybody better than me for that job(reason, I have
          been in a startup before doing the same work before and I was an order
          of magnitude better at that job). But the interviewer came with some
          preconcieved notion and unrelated questions about my engineering final
          year project which was done 10 years or more back!!!.... He made a
          comment that he had no way of knowing how well I did at engineering,
          I tried explaining how well I did, but he would not listen and move to
          asking some thing else...

Comment

Originally posted by udaybhasker28 View Post
            Hi Everyone,

I got my PBS Tier 1 General Migrant Visa in Jan, because of recession I am planning to travel UK after 6 months( may be in the month of JAN next year). Is there any restriction on PBS Tier 1 visa that it will expire if person don't travel with in certain period (say 6 months).

Please let me know as soon as possible, so that I can plan by trip before my visa expires(I got my visa 4 months back).

Thanks,
            Uday
            Hi Udaybhasker!

The standard is that there is a 3 month window period to activate your Tier 1 visa, however it is always up to the discretion of the Immigration official at the time you enter the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by anirash View Post
              Hi,

I am visiting UK(London,Gatwick) this weekend(3 days) with a PBS Tier1 General Migrant Visa(valid from feb'09) just for the EC. What kind of questions can i expect at the immigration check?

Can i tell them that i am there just for a visit?

Moreover i am travelling to UK from Denmark as i am on a business trip here.

Appreciate you help.

Regards,
              Anirash
              Hi Anirash, Are you back from UK? I am PBS Tier 1 general migrant visa holder (valid from May 09) & have not entered UK yet. I am planning to visit UK during 3rd week of Sep. Let me know what kind of questions you faced during the entry?

regards,
              Viji

Comment

There is no restriction. You may travel anytime before visa expires.
                Although, if you are planning for ILR than being outside UK will furthur extend the date you can apply for ILR. ( I guess you know abt ILR but if any questions than plz ask)

Comment

HI All,
                  I would like to know if one gets into UK with a tier 1 visa for a month and travels out of uk for 3 months to 6months hope it wont count against u.

Comment

jobs

Hi,

I have put in my papers for PBS Tier 1 Visa and hopefully will be getting it by Feb '10 end. I need some advice on the job situation in UK. I am a sales professional and have worked with hotels, Travel management companies and an airlines. How difficult/easy is it to find a job? How does one go about looking for one?

Anything that might help, considering that you all must've already looked for these clarifications at some point or the other.

Regards
                    Aditya

Comment

Original Passport, Degree certificate required?

All,

I would like to apply for Tier 1, Just wondering do we need to send the Original Passport and Original Degree certificate to the UK embassy?
                      Don't they accept the notarized copy of the passport and degree certificate?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X