No announcement yet.

Green card holder planning to deliver baby in US and buy neccessary insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card holder planning to deliver baby in US and buy neccessary insurance

Dear all,

Greetings. Sorry to trouble you, but I have some questions regarding baby delivery in the US and buying medical insurance in advance for that.
    As a background, both my wife and I have been green card holders from DV lottery for the past 3 years.
    We are currently living overseas because my job in research is quite specialized and as such I had to find a job overseas because of the tough US economy a few years back.
    But we both have been going back to the US twice a year and actually have a house in the US. We also hope to go back to the US permanently when the right opportunity arises.

Right now we are planning to have a second baby and hope to deliver him or her in the US. To be clear, right now she is not pregnant yet and our questions are to prepare for that.
    Specifically, my questions are as follows:

1. Assuming our plan all goes well and she is pregnant and that the airline allows us to fly there, will we be allowed to enter the US at say her 7 or 8 months of pregnancy by the US immigration officer?
    I specify the month because I am not sure if I can take any work leave longer than that and hence enter the the US earlier. We also may have to go back to where we are living currently in say 1 month after the delivery because of my job.

2. Relatedly, is there any relevant insurance product that we can buy in advance now that she is not pregnant yet? I ask this because I read elsewhere that buying insurance after she is proven to be pregnant can be difficult if not prohibited. if so, we appreciate any links.

I appreciate your answers. Please let me know if you need more clarifying info. Also we are not inclined to wait until I manage to get a job in the US before we can plan for the pregnancy because of her age.

Thanks much!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X