Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married one day after my wife granted asylum - Can she file I-730 for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married one day after my wife granted asylum - Can she file I-730 for me?

Hi everybody,

Me and my wife both applied for political asylum and we got interviewed at the same time, but not together (by different officers). A few days after the interview, we went to get married (genuine marriage). Two weeks later, her asylum was granted, but mine was referred to an immigration judge.

When I look at her I-94, it shows that her asylum was granted one day before the day we got married, although the date on her approval letter is after the marriage date.

My lawyer said that we cannot file I-730 because of that.
    So, which one count as the granted date? the I-94 or the approval letter?
    Anything I can do?

Any help will be appreciated.

Originally posted by chocolate3999 View Post
    Hi everybody,

Me and my wife both applied for political asylum and we got interviewed at the same time, but not together (by different officers). A few days after the interview, we went to get married (genuine marriage). Two weeks later, her asylum was granted, but mine was referred to an immigration judge.

When I look at her I-94, it shows that her asylum was granted one day before the day we got married, although the date on her approval letter is after the marriage date.

My lawyer said that we cannot file I-730 because of that.
    So, which one count as the granted date? the I-94 or the approval letter?
    Anything I can do?

Any help will be appreciated.
    She can file, but it will be denied since you got married after the date on the I-94 (day that count). Just wait for your court day, luckily you may be granted if not you have to wait until your spouse became an US citizen ( in about 7 years)! Good luck
    One thing, upgrade your immigration file with your marriage license and kids ( you have together) birth certificate to increase chances because of your wife!!! Good luck again!
    Last edited by freecontributor; 05-23-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X