Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about DV Lottery 2012 online status.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about DV Lottery 2012 online status.

Hi,

We applied for the DV Lottery 2012 program and are checking for the status and it shows "Has not been selected" as our status.
    I went online and checked in a couple of forums and there have been some cases reported where the online status showed "NOT selected" but still they received the selection letter and so were saying that the site is not getting refreshed properly.
    For DV 2012, the website clearly shows that KCC will not send any selection letters, and the only way to check is the website. So, I am confused.

I have some questions at this point -
    1) Did anyone else experience the same earlier - ie. "NOT selected" online status but still received selection letters?
    2) Is there a possibility that the status will change in the next two months? i.e. Did anyone first see their status as "NOT selected" and then it changes to "Selected" because the name was selected in the lottery only in the middle of the month?

Hope I am clear with my questions. Any help regarding this will be great.

This year DV 2012 has problem with the system. It selected the 90% from the people that applied the first days and only 10 % from the rest. So that is why US State Department had to cancel the selection and redid again. The results from the same applicants would be in on July 15 2011. We have about three weeks to go from today.Check again on US State Department website for your status. Be careful with fraud! KCC sends out letters through mail ( post office) to winners only. If you are selected, it does not matter what the system says, just wait for a letter for KCC and if you need help to make sure it is a real letter go to your local US embassy and confirm with them, they will help you! And if you reside in US on legal status only, contact the KCC or the State Department by phone to make sure! Be aware, they are "scammers" who can get you, so be careful!!! Good luck.
    Last edited by freecontributor; 06-25-2011, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcxyz007 View Post
      Hi,

We applied for the DV Lottery 2012 program and are checking for the status and it shows "Has not been selected" as our status.
      I went online and checked in a couple of forums and there have been some cases reported where the online status showed "NOT selected" but still they received the selection letter and so were saying that the site is not getting refreshed properly.
      For DV 2012, the website clearly shows that KCC will not send any selection letters, and the only way to check is the website. So, I am confused.

I have some questions at this point -
      1) Did anyone else experience the same earlier - ie. "NOT selected" online status but still received selection letters?
      2) Is there a possibility that the status will change in the next two months? i.e. Did anyone first see their status as "NOT selected" and then it changes to "Selected" because the name was selected in the lottery only in the middle of the month?

Hope I am clear with my questions. Any help regarding this will be great.
      I see what you are saying now, abcxyz007! KCC will send letter for only last year winners through mail ( because it is still in process). This year 2012 is very different, only through their website by checking your status yourself and even if selected, one should be qualified by the level of his education and has to have a job experience or training for at least two years to immigrate! Wow US is doing like Canada:" Very selected immigration". "Only people with loaded Brain are allowed into USA". People should have skills before to get this Green Card lottery this time. Don't blame USA at all. God Bless America. Good luck to you; I wish you all the best!

Comment

Originally posted by freecontributor View Post
        I see what you are saying now, abcxyz007! KCC will send letter for only last year winners through mail ( because it is still in process). This year 2012 is very different, only through their website by checking your status yourself and even if selected, one should be qualified by the level of his education and has to have a job experience or training for at least two years to immigrate! Wow US is doing like Canada:" Very selected immigration". "Only people with loaded Brain are allowed into USA". People should have skills before to get this Green Card lottery this time. Don't blame USA at all. God Bless America. Good luck to you; I wish you all the best!
        Why do you think that 2012 any different? It is not. If you read carefully DV rules you'll find that qualified candidate should have at least high school diploma OR two years of work experience. Nothing new.

And to answer abcxyz007 question about selection - I am one who got letter from KCC but online status check gives me all the time "Has not been selected"

Comment

Originally posted by billvor View Post
          Why do you think that 2012 any different? It is not. If you read carefully DV rules you'll find that qualified candidate should have at least high school diploma OR two years of work experience. Nothing new.

And to answer abcxyz007 question about selection - I am one who got letter from KCC but online status check gives me all the time "Has not been selected"
          Hi Billvor,
          I am confused from your post! You posted on July 7 saying that you got a letter from KCC, but this selection was canceled! Anyway congrats, but I am asking if you are talking about the first selection that has been canceled due to computer issues or the second one? This DV2012, there were issues! Go check for yourself, there is a petition started and signed by the first winners and taken to the court here in USA because of the cancellation ( I don't not what the outcome was. This information that I mentioned here was on the news and newspapers). The US State Department said clearly it will be another whole new selection from the same applicants after July 15, 2011 for DV2012 in which winners will continue their process through the US State Department website and it is sure new from what I know last year DV and previous years! I has been applying for families, friends and acquaintances since 2003! This time they asked for more: in education and work experiences in order to reach the final step: VISA and GREEN CARD to USA and I don't blame them! Correct me if I am wrong, please. Good luck!
          Last edited by freecontributor; 07-21-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

DV Lottery 20122

i got NL for 2012 DV lottery on july15,2011,,, i got married three months ago where i filled the form as single ,,wil thy accept my application if i process the other steps as married..

Comment

Originally posted by Kakar View Post
              i got NL for 2012 DV lottery on july15,2011,,, i got married three months ago where i filled the form as single ,,wil thy accept my application if i process the other steps as married..
              As long as you have your proof of marriage, you should be fine! You can add your spouse in the next step! Life goes on, right? Good luck and if you are not sure, check with the local US embassy for more details, they should be able to help you for free!

Comment

Dv selected error

hello, pls i was selected on 15 of July when i check it and i was happy, and when i check again it show that i didn't selected again. pls help me out here is my confirmation code. 20121QWIZJ8TV58B

Comment

DV Lottery online check status! Please HELP!

Hi everyone. I have received information on july 15th that I have been selected for further processing. I have sent documentation along with two photos, and they have received it. Today, I went to check if something has changed, and I saw next information "Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program. "

Can someone please help me, with any information, because I don't know why am I getting this information now?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by damitajo30 View Post
                    Hi everyone. I have received information on july 15th that I have been selected for further processing. I have sent documentation along with two photos, and they have received it. Today, I went to check if something has changed, and I saw next information "Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program. "

Can someone please help me, with any information, because I don't know why am I getting this information now?

Thanks in advance.
                    Hi.
                    Try to call KCC with your case number.
                    If they will able to find it - there is nothing to worry about.

Comment

Hi damitajo30 and okeneguy

I am having the same problem as you: on the 15th - 22nd of July (approx) the dvlottery site said I was selected, but today it says I am not.

I called KCC and they were able to confirm that my selection is still valid, but the assistant couldn't say anything about whether the website was working as expected.

She said my issues were logged though .. so maybe the website will be rectified within a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by okeneguy View Post
                        hello, pls i was selected on 15 of July when i check it and i was happy, and when i check again it show that i didn't selected again. pls help me out here is my confirmation code. 20121QWIZJ8TV58B
                        The confirmation number is not sufficient for someone to help you; you have to give your complete name [ WHICH I DO NOT ADVISE ON PUBLIC WEBSITE such as here]. Relax and check back. If not got to your local US embassy if you are not living in USA, and explain them the situation, they will check for you to make sure! Good luck.

Comment

I Have a diploma in Accounting and Finance and i won the DV lottery..

when i was filling up the forms i sent to KCC in the level of education achieved i ticked the university degree since there was no other box to tick because my the highest level of education i have is Diploma in Accounting and finance and since i had already finished my high school, i thought the UNIVESITY DEGREE was the appropriate place to tick. but now i'm in the final year of my bachelors. so in the interview is there gonna be a problem because i had higher qualification at the time of application??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X