Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-1 VISA - Holidays and Interview

Hello,

I am a Pro Golfer. I am a citizen From France. I got My P-1 Petition approved by the USCIS.

I thought the petition was good enough to enter in the US (like Canadians Citizens) but not.
    So when I came in the US in October, They made me fill out the Application For Waiver of VISA (I-193) and a supplement fee of 585$.

They Told me that I could stay in the country for 5 years (Visa time) with that form (I-193) but if I leave the US, I had to go to a US embassy to get my Visa.

I have 2 questions:

-For christmas, I am going to Hawai to visit (No golf tournaments), Can I?

-I am supposed to go on a trip in February in Costa Rica, Is it possible to get an Interview there (San Jose, Costa rica) for the VISA even if I am a French Citizen?

Thank you for your help!!!

Alexis

Alexis,

Travelling to Hawaii is considered the same as going anywhere within the U.S. There are no visa exit issues.

I would not expect a visa interview at the U.S. Consulate in Costa Rica to be successful, as U.S. consular posts normally process visas only for nationals or those with long-term residency or employment visas in that specific country. This might not apply to your visa type, so additional checking would be advisable.

--Ray B

Originally posted by AlexisAn View Post
    Hello,

I am a Pro Golfer. I am a citizen From France. I got My P-1 Petition approved by the USCIS.

I thought the petition was good enough to enter in the US (like Canadians Citizens) but not.
    So when I came in the US in October, They made me fill out the Application For Waiver of VISA (I-193) and a supplement fee of 585$.

They Told me that I could stay in the country for 5 years (Visa time) with that form (I-193) but if I leave the US, I had to go to a US embassy to get my Visa.

I have 2 questions:

-For christmas, I am going to Hawai to visit (No golf tournaments), Can I?

-I am supposed to go on a trip in February in Costa Rica, Is it possible to get an Interview there (San Jose, Costa rica) for the VISA even if I am a French Citizen?

Thank you for your help!!!

Alexis

Comment

Thank you for your answer!

And If I go to Costa Rica, is my I-193 still good to enter the us? Or does he expire when I leave and they won't let me in? (On the paper, it says, P-1 Valid until 2018)

Have a good night!
      Alexis

Comment

Alexis,

U.S. visas (and there are a couple dozen types) are either "multiple-entry" or "single-entry." "Single-entry," like K1 fiance visas, are "special purpose," and are intended to be used only once. I have seen an exception in which a K1 entrant returned to her home country (in anger at her fiance), then changed her mind and was allowed to return using the same K1 visa, but with extra fees (it had not expired).

Other visa types, B1/B2, for example, are usually "multiple-entry," but too many multiples, too soon, can get the visa cancelled.

Some visa stays, as with investor and religious visas, have stays limited to a decision made at the Port of Entry and showing on I-94 (before USCIS stopped issuing I-94) but still shown on annotations written in passports, can have visa status continued by exit and reentry with new stay determined at the Port of Entry.

I'm guessing (and you need to get a second opinion) is that your P1 visa would allow you to return if you exit before its expiraton.

--Ray B

Thank you for your answer!

And If I go to Costa Rica, is my I-193 still good to enter the us? Or does he expire when I leave and they won't let me in? (On the paper, it says, P-1 Valid until 2018)

Have a good night!
        Alexis

Comment

Thanks again Ray,

When you say a second opinion, Who do I need to contact to get the best information about that?

Alexis

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Alexis,

U.S. visas (and there are a couple dozen types) are either "multiple-entry" or "single-entry." "Single-entry," like K1 fiance visas, are "special purpose," and are intended to be used only once. I have seen an exception in which a K1 entrant returned to her home country (in anger at her fiance), then changed her mind and was allowed to return using the same K1 visa, but with extra fees (it had not expired).

Other visa types, B1/B2, for example, are usually "multiple-entry," but too many multiples, too soon, can get the visa cancelled.

Some visa stays, as with investor and religious visas, have stays limited to a decision made at the Port of Entry and showing on I-94 (before USCIS stopped issuing I-94) but still shown on annotations written in passports, can have visa status continued by exit and reentry with new stay determined at the Port of Entry.

I'm guessing (and you need to get a second opinion) is that your P1 visa would allow you to return if you exit before its expiraton.

--Ray B

Comment

Call the USCIS help line at: 1-800-375-5283
            and ask if a P1 visa is multiple-entry.

--Ray B

Thanks again Ray,

When you say a second opinion, Who do I need to contact to get the best information about that?

Alexis

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the number! I will call them Monday.

In Fact, I Know that the P1 visa is multplie-entry.

My Real question is, Can I Re-enter in the US with the same I-193 that I have or Do I need to get the Visa when I get out the country (the real VISA in the passport, Because I-193 is a substitute I think)?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2313.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	590506

I don't know if youcan see the attached file... but it is the stamp on the I-193.

Thank you if you can help me again!
              Alexis

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Call the USCIS help line at: 1-800-375-5283
              and ask if a P1 visa is multiple-entry.

--Ray B

Comment

Alexis,

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the I-193 and would only be guessing at this point.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

My Real question is, Can I Re-enter in the US with the same I-193 that I have or Do I need to get the Visa when I get out the country (the real VISA in the passport, Because I-193 is a substitute I think)?[ATTACH]251[/ATTACH]

I don't know if youcan see the attached file... but it is the stamp on the I-193.

Alexis

Comment

Hi Ray,

My Real question is, Can I Re-enter in the US with the same I-193 that I have or Do I need to get the Visa when I get out the country (the real VISA in the passport, Because I-193 is a substitute I think)?[ATTACH]251[/ATTACH]

Alexis
                  Alexis - I'm not an attorney and don't consider this as legal advice. I have been thru the process. P1 visa is multiple-entry. Assuming you are in the USA now. For you to re-enter USA, you will need to get your passport stamped with the P1 visa.

Comment

Immigration Abbot Jason Kenney says

Immigration Abbot Jason Kenney says the government should accede alteration the law so that Canadians with bifold citizenship who accomplish agitator acts abroad can be bare of their Canadian status.Kenney says added western countries admission the ability to abjure citizenship in cases of terrorism.His comments coursing revelations Tuesday that a Canadian with bifold citizenship is doubtable of accepting circuitous in a baleful bombing that asleep six humans aboard a bus in Bulgaria endure year **** 15 Coins.Conservative backbencher Devinder Shory has proposed a clandestine associates bill to abjure the citizenship of dual-status Canadians who go abroad to accomplish acts of war adjoin Canada.Kenney says that bill could be broadcast to cover agitator acts in general.He says humans circuitous in agitation admission acutely abandoned any faculty of adherence to Canada and should be advised accordingly.

Durham badge admission answerable two men with alarming active afterwards they were allegedly activate dispatch on Basin Scugog.It happened on Saturday about 3:30 p.m., if the arctic basin arranged with fishermen, snowmobiles and pedestrians.Officers adduce the two men were active at a acceleration of over 100 kilometres an hour Fut 15 Coins. They were aswell apparent accomplishing doughnuts and sliding sideways.The Oshawa men, who admission not been named, were ceremony answerable with alarming operation of a motor vehicle. Both were arise at the amphitheatre and will afterwards arise in court.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X