Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petition question

Hi,

I am currently in the US but I am going to New Zealand from february until mid april. I would like to apply for p1 visa, I am French.
    Here are few questions:

Do I have to be in the US to fill in my petition and remain in the US until the approval of the petition? Or can my employer fill in my petition from the US but I can be in New Zealand during the process?

If it is approved, being French can I go to the US embassy in New Zealand to get my p1 visa? because I would like to go back to the US straight from New Zealand.

It also says that the approval of the petition will be send to the employer and another copy to the beneficiary. Will they be able to send me the approval even though I am in New Zealand?

I'm just trying to figure out how and when I should start this application.
    if anyone can help that would be great.
    thanks

Originally posted by skinancy View Post
    Hi,

I am currently in the US but I am going to New Zealand from february until mid april. I would like to apply for p1 visa, I am French.
    Here are few questions:

Do I have to be in the US to fill in my petition and remain in the US until the approval of the petition? Or can my employer fill in my petition from the US but I can be in New Zealand during the process?

If it is approved, being French can I go to the US embassy in New Zealand to get my p1 visa? because I would like to go back to the US straight from New Zealand.

It also says that the approval of the petition will be send to the employer and another copy to the beneficiary. Will they be able to send me the approval even though I am in New Zealand?

I'm just trying to figure out how and when I should start this application.
    if anyone can help that would be great.
    thanks
    I have been through the process, researched and have some knowledge. Pls don't consider this as legal advice:
    You don't need to be in the US to file your petition and don't need to stay in the US during our approval process. Your employer can file while you are in NZ. But you will need to remotely support your employer with all the required information
    Upon visa approval, you can go to the US embassy in NZ to get your passport stamped (Form DS-160). Your employer can mail it to you n NZ. So just give one address of your employer.
    Just some thoughts from my experience. Hope this helps! Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X