Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from P-1 Visa to I-94 Visa Waver Programme via Canada - is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from P-1 Visa to I-94 Visa Waver Programme via Canada - is this possible?

I've found myself in a bit of a dilemma. I am a Irish & UK citizen. I'm due to fly to USA for work on 20th November. After work, I have booked to visit friends until 28th November. I thought my Visa was valid until 28th November but it expires on 26th November. I have an ESTA. I understand I can't transition from a P-1 Visa to an ESTA without leaving the USA and renetering using the ESTA. My work finishes on 22nd November. I will be flying from Detroit on 23rd November. Would it be possible to leave the USA to Canada on 23rd and reenter filling out an I-94 form, and stay in the USA until 28th November?

What matters is not the expiration date of the visa (US visas are only for entry), but the expiration date of the P1 petition. What does the I-129 approval notice say? The officer at entry can admit you for up to 10 days after the expiration of the petition.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The I-129 approval notice states: "Valid from 11/17/2019 to 11/26/2019". How do I ask the officer to admit me for 10 days after the expiration of the petition?

Comment

This is a bit tricky especially because of the Visa expiration; id suggest you actually ask a lawyer, maybe on immigration question

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X