Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1 rejected under 221(b) with some verbal comments from VO

Hi,

Today I appeared for the B1 VISA interview at the Chennai Consulate and was denied for the B1.
    Below is my case :
    Appt schedule : 11:30 am 25th June 2013

Questions asked :

how many days will you be in the Us :
    - 8 days

which state are you visiting :
    - Caliornia

What is the purpose :
    - Discussions with the our product development team to understand the system and its networking requirements

Are you travelling alone or with other colleagues ?
    - I will travel alone.

Is this a Client visit ?
    - No. it is Inhouse client

Whats your salary ?
    - 1,10,000 ruppes

how long are you working with this company :
    - 3 months and few days

What is your designation
    - Sr engineer network

====================================

The officer did not even ask for my company Invite letter or even the name of my company.
    Moreover while giving the 214b slip he said "You can apply again but the chances are unlikely to change"... I really did not understand why he said so ?
    I have a good background and almost 9 years of industry experience with Major IT compannies like Oracle, Sungard etc.
    The only things I doubt are ... either my company is blacklisted/ or my visit is not to any outside client.
    Please suggest what next should I do ? shall I re-apply ? Can I change my application consulate to Mumbai ?

==========================================

Originally posted by harshal.chougule View Post
    Hi,

Today I appeared for the B1 VISA interview at the Chennai Consulate and was denied for the B1.
    Below is my case :
    Appt schedule : 11:30 am 25th June 2013

Questions asked :

how many days will you be in the Us :
    - 8 days

which state are you visiting :
    - Caliornia

What is the purpose :
    - Discussions with the our product development team to understand the system and its networking requirements

Are you travelling alone or with other colleagues ?
    - I will travel alone.

Is this a Client visit ?
    - No. it is Inhouse client

Whats your salary ?
    - 1,10,000 ruppes

how long are you working with this company :
    - 3 months and few days

What is your designation
    - Sr engineer network

====================================

The officer did not even ask for my company Invite letter or even the name of my company.
    Moreover while giving the 214b slip he said "You can apply again but the chances are unlikely to change"... I really did not understand why he said so ?
    I have a good background and almost 9 years of industry experience with Major IT compannies like Oracle, Sungard etc.
    The only things I doubt are ... either my company is blacklisted/ or my visit is not to any outside client.
    Please suggest what next should I do ? shall I re-apply ? Can I change my application consulate to Mumbai ?

In my opinion few things worked in your negative, in house project, salary (to me it sounds its monthly but VO might have assumed annually), and lastly I believe the biggest negative factor is the very short duration of your stay with current company. You can try again after spending more time with the current company.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by harshal.chougule View Post
      Whats your salary ?
      - 1,10,000 ruppes

What is your designation
      - Sr engineer network

almost 9 years of industry experience with Major IT compannies like Oracle, Sungard etc.

Wow. A n/w engineer with 9 years of experience makes 110k a month in India ? Sweet.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
        Wow. A n/w engineer with 9 years of experience makes 110k a month in India ? Sweet.
        110 K INR is 13.2 Lakhs(1,320,000) INR Annual CTC. For 9 Year Exp its not the norm but not abnormally high too in India ( Its 22000 USD Per Annum at current conversion rates).

A 4 Year Exp person can make 7-8 Lakhs (700,000-800,000) INR CTC per Annum. Its not abnormal.

There is a 20-30% tax on this annual CTC though.

Last edited by raghvi; 06-26-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          110 K INR is 13.2 Lakhs(1,320,000) INR Annual CTC. For 9 Year Exp its not the norm but not abnormally high too in India ( Its 22000 USD Per Annum at current conversion rates).

A 4 Year Exp person can make 7-8 Lakhs (700,000-800,000) INR CTC per Annum. Its not abnormal.

There is a 20-30% tax on this annual CTC though.

Cool. With such high medicare costs, I am gonna give R2I a good thought now.
          This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
            Cool. With such high medicare costs, I am gonna give R2I a good thought now.
            I think we need to take this discussion onto the R2I forum now :-) .

But yeah the thumb rule since last few years has been that one gets paid 1.5 times ones experience. So if you are 15 Year exp one should expect 22-30 lakhs per Annum CTC. And that is for non IIT-IIM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X