B1 - Comming secod time to USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 - Comming secod time to USA

- I am having valid B1/B2 till 2017. I have visted US in 2008 on B1. my indian company sponcerd the B1. i visited US to my client office for project dioscussion puropse.

- Last year, I left that indian company .

- I am not working anymore for any company. I am a freelancer.

- I would like to attend one training in Decemeber 2013. which ia going in US in next month. Can i go US and attend that training on my B1/B2 . Do i need to go on B1 or B2 ?.

Even after that training , i would like to meet my friends . spend some time with friends .

What should i have to attend that training. Do i need to have any invitation letter from them ?.

Do immegration office ask me to show the invitation letter at US airport , while entering into US at airport.
    Last edited by bodshelp; 09-24-2013, 06:57 AM.

Originally posted by bodshelp View Post
    - I am having valid B1 till 2017. I have visted US in 2008 on B1. my indian company sponcerd the B1. i visited US to my client office for project dioscussion puropse.

- Last year, I left that indian company .

- I am not working anymore for any company. I am a freelancer.

- I would like to attend one training in Decemeber 2013. which ia going in US in next month. Can i go US and attend that training on my B1 .

Even after that training , i would like to meet my friends . spend some time with friends .

What should i have to attend that training. Do i need to have any invitation letter from them ?.

Do immegration office ask me to show the invitation letter at US airport , while entering into US at airport.
    Hello, Bodshelp.

Is it just B1 or B1/B2?

If it is just B1, you will have to carry documentation for this training to show to this officer at the Port of Entry.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

I have B1/B2......last time when my indian company sent m,i have cliemed B1 at the time of port of entry ............Now .which one should choose B1 or B2 at the time of port of entry for easyness and which one will require less documents ?
      Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Bodshelp.

Is it just B1 or B1/B2?

If it is just B1, you will have to carry documentation for this training to show to this officer at the Port of Entry.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by bodshelp View Post
        I have B1/B2......last time when my indian company sent m,i have cliemed B1 at the time of port of entry ............Now .which one should choose B1 or B2 at the time of port of entry for easyness and which one will require less documents ?
        Hello, Bodshelp.

I am not sure which one, if you have a dual purpose. What i can tell you is i have a B1/B2 visa, and last time i entered i mentioned Holiday (meeting my brother in Texas) and they gave me a 6 month B2 I94. Now, on B2, you can as such do whatever, no questions asked. (You can attend meetings too, as long you are not being paid in US for that).

I am wondering if you say office meetings and holiday, i am not sure how long an I94 will you get and how will they take it.

I am sorry if i have not been able to help much.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X