so i applied for b-1 visa, here is my situation

CEO & owner of a company
    annual income 200,000 US$
    living in Pakistan
    divorced, one kid
    hotel and ticket booked

gave interview today with following Q/A

VO. What do you do?

I am entrepreneur , advertising consult with specialization in google search marketing, content marketing, advertising strategy planning and Microsoft adcenter advertising.

VO.Why are you going to US?

I am working with this client for 2 years, we want to discuss business issues, new product launch and meet with business partners for business collaboration

VO:Where are you going in USA?
    florida, hollywood, miami

VO:how long will you stay in us?

15 days, 25hth feb to 10th march, i have my hotel booking and ticket with me.

VO:Whats your monthly income?

1.2 million rupees

VO:how long you are employed?

its my own company.

VO:how long in business?

2 years, i have my tax returns with me

VO:Oh pakistani tax returns? i think no one pays tax in pakistan.

Well, i do, since all my income is in US$ so its officially tax exempted income.

VO:Are you married?

divorced

VO:Any kids?

one

Age?

she is infant, 4 months old. i have a father and a younger sister who are dependent on me

sorry you don't qualify for a visa this time..214-b refusal reason--No documents were asked to see, although i had a bunch with me.

any ideas where i mess up? shall i re-apply right away with the same details?
    Last edited by zain; 12-04-2013, 05:29 PM.

Originally posted by zain View Post
    hi,

so i applied for b-1 visa, here is my situation

CEO & owner of a company
    annual income 200,000 US$
    living in Pakistan
    divorced, one kid
    hotel and ticket booked

gave interview today with following Q/A

VO. What do you do?

I am entrepreneur , advertising consult with specialization in google search marketing, content marketing, advertising strategy planning and Microsoft adcenter advertising.

VO.Why are you going to US?

I am working with this client for 2 years, we want to discuss business issues, new product launch and meet with business partners for business collaboration

VO:Where are you going in USA?
    florida, hollywood, miami

VO:how long will you stay in us?

15 days, 25hth feb to 10th march, i have my hotel booking and ticket with me.

VO:Whats your monthly income?

1.2 million rupees

VO:how long you are employed?

its my own company.

VO:how long in business?

2 years, i have my tax returns with me

VO:Oh pakistani tax returns? i think no one pays tax in pakistan.

Well, i do, since all my income is in US$ so its officially tax exempted income.

VO:Are you married?

divorced

VO:Any kids?

one

Age?

she is infant, 4 months old. i have a father and a younger sister who are dependent on me

sorry you don't qualify for a visa this time..214-b refusal reason

any ideas where i mess up? shall i re-apply right away with the same details?
    No strong family ties was a possible reason. Further, I didnt understand "all my income is in US$ so its officially tax exempted income". As far as I understand taxation, any income generated by a person anywhere globally is taxed in the country in which the person is residing. Example if I am a resident of US and earn an income in Pakistan, I am supposed to pay taxes on that income in US as per US tax laws. Is it any different in Pakistan?

I do know some countries are tax friendly that's why some affluent people chose to drop their US Citizenships because IRS taxes them on their Global income.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No strong family ties was a possible reason. Further, I didnt understand "all my income is in US$ so its officially tax exempted income". As far as I understand taxation, any income generated by a person anywhere globally is taxed in the country in which the person is residing. Example if I am a resident of US and earn an income in Pakistan, I am supposed to pay taxes on that income in US as per US tax laws. Is it any different in Pakistan?

I do know some countries are tax friendly that's why some affluent people chose to drop their US Citizenships because IRS taxes them on their Global income.

with all the clients, i fill W-8 form for tax exempt, in pakistan anything you bring in $ is tax exempted, so how do i make family ties strong? get married to get a visa?

common..give me a suggestion anything else you can think of where I myself messed up? and what about re-applying right away with same details?

Comment

I understand its frustrating but B1/B2 are discretionary in nature and a lot depends upon how the Visa Officers looks at each case. Lot of people have tricked VOs in the past and convinced them and finally never returned from US by getting married in US or converting to a work visa. You can surely try your luck again, but trying again immediately will show desperation and may not work in your favor. Would advise trying again after a few Months.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          I understand its frustrating but B1/B2 are discretionary in nature and a lot depends upon how the Visa Officers looks at each case. Lot of people have tricked VOs in the past and convinced them and finally never returned from US by getting married in US or converting to a work visa. You can surely try your luck again, but trying again immediately will show desperation and may not work in your favor. Would advise trying again after a few Months.

Thanks man
          but its a very very important business meeting for which i am suppose to be there to meet with large pool of business partners at once, yes i am desperate and need to be there in this meeting:S , so i have no option but to re-apply, what i want to know is best case scenario to re-apply

Do you think Business Visa Center - Bureau of Consular Affairs can help, my client is touching base with them as well for help.

Comment

Do you have any equivalent of Chamber of Commerce in Pakistan? Get a letter from them about your business and your bonafides. Did the client send an invitation letter? You have a strong background, try again. Next time, just answer what they ask you, don't talk too much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X