Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only 1 year Valid.. after Admin Processing 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 1 year Valid.. after Admin Processing 221(g)

I received my visa today from US Consulate in Calgary, Canada 6 weeks after my visa interview. Quite disappointed to see the B1/B2 visa is valid only for a year. Originally I applied under business visa sponsored by my company, but due to administrative processing 221(g) I missed the business meeting. As I understand Canadian permanent residents get B1/B2 for 10 years. I have a colleague who applied for B1 and he received the visa for 10 years without 221(g) (originally from Pakistan).

I wonder what's going on with my application. I have applied for US visa 3 times in total including this time, and each time I go through 221(g) administrative processing. The first time I applied for a J1 work visa, I received 1 year visa until the end of my work contract. There was a near 3 months delay to receive the visa due to administrative processing. My contract in US got extended by one more year. At the end of first year I wanted to visit home, but didn't have a visa to re-enter. So I had to apply for an extension with the new contract. Again my visa application was delayed by nearly 2 months due to administrative processing. I was stuck outside of USA for those two months. It was back in year 2011.

Now this time I applied for a B1 visa sponsored by my employer, and went through administrative processing. At the end of it I only received 1 year. It makes me wonder WTH is going on!!!

I applied B1 first time and went into Adminstrative processing

Originally posted by indcan View Post
    I received my visa today from US Consulate in Calgary, Canada 6 weeks after my visa interview. Quite disappointed to see the B1/B2 visa is valid only for a year. Originally I applied under business visa sponsored by my company, but due to administrative processing 221(g) I missed the business meeting. As I understand Canadian permanent residents get B1/B2 for 10 years. I have a colleague who applied for B1 and he received the visa for 10 years without 221(g) (originally from Pakistan).

I wonder what's going on with my application. I have applied for US visa 3 times in total including this time, and each time I go through 221(g) administrative processing. The first time I applied for a J1 work visa, I received 1 year visa until the end of my work contract. There was a near 3 months delay to receive the visa due to administrative processing. My contract in US got extended by one more year. At the end of first year I wanted to visit home, but didn't have a visa to re-enter. So I had to apply for an extension with the new contract. Again my visa application was delayed by nearly 2 months due to administrative processing. I was stuck outside of USA for those two months. It was back in year 2011.

Now this time I applied for a B1 visa sponsored by my employer, and went through administrative processing. At the end of it I only received 1 year. It makes me wonder WTH is going on!!!
    I applied B1 first time and went into Administrative processing, after 33 days i got visa but only for one year . i work in IT company as a QA, my current project is related to Human Forensic , does that made VO to give visa for Only one year. Please guide on this

Comment

Originally posted by chaudharik View Post
      I applied B1 first time and went into Administrative processing, after 33 days i got visa but only for one year . i work in IT company as a QA, my current project is related to Human Forensic , does that made VO to give visa for Only one year. Please guide on this
      Do not hijack other's thread - that too when it is totally not related.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X