Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Piece of advise for Business Visa after rejection 2 times

Hi,

My name is Hiran and I worked for an IT company as Technical Architect. I'm having 5 years of experience in this field and have been promoted to manager role due to my strong technical capabilities.
    Coming to my question -

I had applied for business visa (B1/B2) in April, 2016. My client from USA (Seattle) wanted me to visit their office for technical discussion. So I appeared for VISA. The interview hasn't been good since I was asked only 2 question.

Vo: Why you want to go to USA?
    Me: I worked for XYZ company who has a client PQR in seattle. I have been working for client for last 6 months and now they want me to visit them for technical discussion about their new project. So I want to go there for having business meeting with them.

Vo: How long you will stay there?
    Me: 15 days

Vo: Your work for this VISA category isn't consistent. So your application is rejected. You may go.
    Me: But I'm having a all required documents and letter from the company as well. I can also assure you that I'll come back to India on mentioned date.

Vo: No, I don't want to see any documents.
    Me: Can you give me any specific reason ma'am?

Vo: The letter has reason mentioned. You can go now
    Me: Thank you ma'am.

After few months, My company again decided me to apply for business visa but this time it was for a Microsoft's world partner conference.
    I appeared just before 2 days i.e. 1st March, 2017. This time I was so confident during the interview (at one moment I felt that I'll break through this time) -

Vo: Why do you want to go USA?
    Me: I want to go USA for attending Microsoft's World Partner Conference which is to be held in Washington D.C in July.

Vo (after few seconds): So you work for XYZ
    Me: Yes, I work for XYZ. XYZ is my employer.

Vo: How long have you been working for them?
    Me: Almost 5 years, I joined this company in oct. 2012 and since then I have been working for them.

Vo (thinking for sometime and then): Have your company ever sponsored trip outside India for you?
    Me: No, This will be my first trip outside India. But I have been attending such events within india. last year my company sponsored me for Hydrabad and pune during Microsoft's "Cloud meet" event.

Vo: he spoke something (which I really couldn't understand) .....your visa application is rejected.
    Me: Thank you.

What I'm concerned is what's wrong with my application or what mistakes that I'm making...?
    FYI, I'm not desperate at all to go to USA! But my company do want me to have a VISA ASAP since I have been the only person for them to carry such technical discussion. (My company is a well known company in Gujarat and is SME company with 500-600 employees).

And my company wants me to appear for VISA in next 4-5 days.... ...any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by hiirain; 03-02-2017, 08:44 AM. Reason: to know if reappearing in short time is a good idea?

It would help if you have been abroad before to other countries for meetings and conferences

Comment

Do you think one needs to answer in straight ?

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      It would help if you have been abroad before to other countries for meetings and conferences
      As you can see, in some of my answers, I have been give more details than what counselor was looking for. After interview (rejection), I felt that I was trying to convince him for approving the VISA. Do you think that would be the case?
      Do we need to answer straight and to the point?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X