Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa(Internally getting rejected)

So,

Its a little different case. I've been going through the internal mock interviews in my company before going to counselor and I am being rejected again and again.

To be honest, I've good communication skills and pretty good English. So, here are two scenarios where I was rejected.

Mock 1

1. Have you went to US or any other countries before?
    - No

2. Have you ever applied for US Visa before?
    - No

3. What is the purpose of visit?
    - Attending Workshop and Business Meetings

4. What activities are you going to do?
    - I'm going to visit a new Warehouse the client has came up with and attend a workshop related to it. I am going to meet the XYZ stake holders, the onsite teams, ION & EDI team and discuss about the current and future business model. I am also going to meet individual users to understand the challenges they face.

5. Who is going to pay for the visit?
    - My Employer ZZZ

6. Is this visit billable?
    - No

7. What is the workshop about?
    - Client has came up with a new Warehouse facility. The workshop is conducted, in order to understand its design, the new processes it will follow and the work-flow its going to have.

8. Why have you been selected for this and why not any seniors or any managers?
    - I am current working as an Offshore Tech lead and I've a strong experience on Warehouse Management Activities.

9. What is your total experience?
    - 5.2 Years

10. What is your current role?
    - I am working as an Consultant for YYYY and Offshore Tech Lead on the project. I am involved in the customizations, requirement gathering, automations, integrations, attending monthly meetings to discuss the status of the project etc.

11. Is your CTC more that 5LPA?
    - Yes.

12. For how many days are you going to travel?
    - 14 days

12. Are you going to extend the number of days of visit?
    - No

13. What is the reason you are going to come back to India?
    - I'm married and staying with my wife, my mom, dad and grandpa. I've a responsibilities back here in India.

14. Who is your client?
    - ZZZ.

15. Can you spell it?
    - Spelled it

16. Where is the client located?
    - Texas.

Mock 2

1. What is your total industry experience?
    - I have a total of 5.5 Years of experience.

2. How long have you been working with ZZZ?
    - Its been an year now. I joined YYYY in January 2017.

3. What are your roles and responsibilities?
    - Explained my roles and responsibilities.

4. What is the purpose of your visit?
    - My client XYZ has stated a new warehouse facility. In order to understand its design, setup and business processes related to it, client has conducted a workshop. I will be attending the workshop. I will also be attending business meetings with XYZ management team and onsite teams to discuss about current and future business model and to understand the roadmap of 2018.

5. Can you tell me about the client?
    - XYZ is a leading global healthcare solutions company.

6. Can you tell me what is the warehouse facility in laymen terms?
    - A warehouse is nothing but a place where the products are stored. The products receipt and shipping is done from warehouse.

7. How will the workshop help?
    - YYYY offshore is supporting the client to handle the activities related to other warehouses. This is a new warehouse and the client expects YYYY to handle the activities and operations related to it in future. Attending the workshop will help us understand its design, setup and business processes related to it which will help the offshore team to handle the activities and operations related to it in future.

8. What is the duration of trip?
    - 14 Days.

9. Why do you need 14 days?
    - The workshop will last for a whole week. And I will be meeting the XYZ management team and onsite teams. These activities will need a couple of weeks.

10.Why have you been chosen for this trip?
    - I have been working on this since an year now. I was hired by YYYY for this particular project. My skill sets match with those required by the workshop. I have a strong knowledge on warehouse management activities and hence I was chosen for this project.

11. Why can't you do it from offshore?
    - The workshop will continue for a week for 8 hrs a day. Its not possible for me to attend it from India due to the time difference.

12. You are also going to visit the warehouse. Are you going to see the warehouse live during its operations? What are you going to do?
    - I will be visiting the warehouse at non-business hours. And, I will be just observing its design and setup.

13. What are the reasons for you to come back?
    - I am married and I live with my parents in my house back here in India. I have a good job, a good position and a decent salary in India. Me and my wife are also am also expecting a baby this year.

Few points -

I've decent salary of 10+ LPA. I have decent experience 5.9 Years.

Its really frustrating to go through several rejections.

If any one can provide me any improvements here, it will help a lot.

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X