Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 or B1/B2

Hi all,

I have been working at an IT services company and need to visit our customer for delivering training and business meetings. I have applied for B1/B2 two times and both attempt were rejected.

Below is transcript of my last interview:

ME: Good Morning
    VO: No Response and asked for passport.

VO: Why are you going to America?
    Me: I am going there to deliver product training and conduct few business meetings with the our customer ZZZ. I tried to explain further but she stopped my with hand gesture.

VO: You applied last time too, is there any change of circumstances since then?
    Me: (Since there was no change in travel, salary, martial status) I said no.

VO: Current Salary
    ME: YYYY lacs (I asked he if she wants to see my salary slips and she nodded yes. I also passed her my invitation letter and experience letters too, She had a quick view on them)

VO : How much time you have been working at this company ?
    ME: I mentioned 2 years 10 months. (Overall Its 5 years and 8 months)

VO: Are you maaried ?
    ME: I am single

VO: Have you traveled to any other country?
    ME: No I have not traveled outside country.

VO: (Hands me the slip and passport) Sorry this time. You can qualify next time with some travel history.
    ME: Took my documents and left the window.

Why travel is necessary if i am only going there for business meeting. I mean travel history makes sense if i am going for tourism, as it shows the individual interest in traveling. In my case its business meetings only.

Should I invest in some travel to nearby holiday destination?
    Should I apply for B1 only if the sole purpose of travel is business activities (was this a mistake) or B1/B2 is fine for this travel reason ?

People around me are suggesting to apply again immediately and i am confused about that, Please suggest on that too,?

Originally posted by gotous View Post
    VO: You applied last time too, is there any change of circumstances since then?
    Me: (Since there was no change in travel, salary, martial status) I said no.
    No need to re-apply if there is no change in the circumstances - its wastage of time, money & impacting others also - its NOT A LUCK to get US visa.

Visiting other countries shows that your are a valuable resource to company & can represent the company to the clients.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for your response. But the whole system somehow seems to be luck based as well. One of my colleague got approved after applying for the third time under same circumstances. He was rejected and then he immediately applied again in one month and got approved.

Comment

Originally posted by gotous View Post
        Thanks for your response. But the whole system somehow seems to be luck based as well. One of my colleague got approved after applying for the third time under same circumstances. He was rejected and then he immediately applied again in one month and got approved.
        It "seems" luck based, but it is not - fortunately.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X