Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 waiver application and travel ban

Hello,

I applied for US visa on Jan 23rd, 2018 to attend an academic conference and the officer told me that due to the travel ban my application is refused but they can apply for a waiver for my case. I applied for waiver back then.

Now, the academic conference has passed but I still need the visa to attend a job interview. my waiver application is still under processing.

So I was wondering whether they will contact me after they receive results of my waiver application to see if I still want to or if they automatically reject my application because my original visa application reason is not valid any more? I am planning to email them to ask about the status of my application, should I mention that my travel reason has changed or I should wait until the result of my application is ready?

Any information would be appreciate, Thank you.

Originally posted by hsa43 View Post
    Now, the academic conference has passed but I still need the visa to attend a job interview.
    You are not allowed to attend a job interview while on B1/B2 visa. You'll be deported if you found doing so.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X