Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions at port of entry for B1/B2 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions at port of entry for B1/B2 visa?

Hi,

I have travelled twice earlier to United States on B1/B2 but for business purposes. Im planning to travel again my B1/B2 visa which is valid for multiple entries till 2014, but this time for tourism purposes.

When I travelled for business purposes, I had to just show the invitation letter from my company at the port of entry. What kind of questions will the officer ask me at the port of entry if I am travelling for tourism purposes and what documents will I be required to carry? I will appreciate any help you can offer.

Prasad

Originally posted by prasad07
    Hi,

I have travelled twice earlier to United States on B1/B2 but for business purposes. Im planning to travel again my B1/B2 visa which is valid for multiple entries till 2014, but this time for tourism purposes.

When I travelled for business purposes, I had to just show the invitation letter from my company at the port of entry. What kind of questions will the officer ask me at the port of entry if I am travelling for tourism purposes and what documents will I be required to carry? I will appreciate any help you can offer.

Prasad
    1) where are you going? which places do you plan to visit? How long is the whole trip going to last?
    2) where are you going to stay on each place? family/friends? hotel? can you show me hotel reservations? itineraries from A to B? domestic plane reservations? car reservations?
    3) how do you plan to pay for all that? how many $$$ do you have available? credit cards? traveler checks?

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks a lot! Basically, I will be staying in my cousins place and we will do most of the travelling on weekends to nearby places. Will keep these questions in mind. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by prasad07
        Thanks a lot! Basically, I will be staying in my cousins place and we will do most of the travelling on weekends to nearby places. Will keep these questions in mind. Thanks again
        Take a look at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...sor-documents/

It can't hurt to have an invitation letter from your cousins saying "we would like for you to come visit us. We'll go to A, B and C to do X, Y and Z. You can stay at home and we will take care of all housing costs"

Check the sample invitation letters. Get your cousin to send you one via US Postal Service. Have it with you (together with the envelope) when you arrive to the US.

As said: it never hurts to be prepared - Good luck, and enjoy your visit !

Comment

hi

Hi Prasad, I am also in the same situation as u had few years back. I want to know what questions u had to face at the port of entry. I am traveling as a tourist this time and with the ten year multiple entry visa which i got back in 2008.

Did you have any invite letter from your cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by srinidhi82 View Post
            Hi Prasad, I am also in the same situation as u had few years back. I want to know what questions u had to face at the port of entry. I am traveling as a tourist this time and with the ten year multiple entry visa which i got back in 2008.

Did you have any invite letter from your cousin.
            Hi,

I have a B1/B2 visa issued to me in 2007. The validity is for 10 years Multiple entry. I was issued B1/B2 VISA for a business purpose and the travel got cancelled due to unseen situation. The VISA still holds valid till 2017. Now i want to travel alone as visitor to my friends place for 3 weeks with my own expenses. Will there be any problem during immigration/port of entry. What will be the questions asked.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X