X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 refused due to 221(g)

Dear Sir/Madam
    Good Day..
    Me and my wife have given the B1/B2 Visa Interview at USA Consulate ,after question and answers
    she closed the microphone, and called another consular office and both were discussing on computer screen.

Finally, after Interview consular office told me that , your wife application has be successfully submitted for Administrative processes, but you and your both children (Both Under 13 Years) administrative processing have been refused, but NO problem it should resolve in two to three days, I am keeping your all passport and she given me the pink paper and clicked on.

Your application refused for administrative process, you may be asked to provide additional information later. Your application may take up to 6 months to complete this process.

My wife passport arrived but my and my both children passport still in Consulate.
    On CEAC it showing REFUSED,
    She did not asked to provide any other document

My Questions.

Why it happened ?
    How long it will take?
    What are chances for Visa?

Regards

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Why it happened ?
    Answer: consulate/embassy needs additional time to do some back ground verification on your case.
    How long it will take?
    Answer: It's very hard to predict. Some guys got status within one month. Some are waiting for more than 3 months.. So, I would say, you will need to wait for some time to get back reply from them.
    Answer: It depends on verification. Considering all of your scenario, hopefully you will get positive response soon.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nomanahmed View Post
      Dear Sir/Madam
      Good Day..
      Me and my wife have given the B1/B2 Visa Interview at USA Consulate ,after question and answers
      she closed the microphone, and called another consular office and both were discussing on computer screen.

Finally, after Interview consular office told me that , your wife application has be successfully submitted for Administrative processes, but you and your both children (Both Under 13 Years) administrative processing have been refused, but NO problem it should resolve in two to three days, I am keeping your all passport and she given me the pink paper and clicked on.

Your application refused for administrative process, you may be asked to provide additional information later. Your application may take up to 6 months to complete this process.

My wife passport arrived but my and my both children passport still in Consulate.

My Questions.

Why it happened ?
      How long it will take?

Regards
      Why was my wife's B1/B2 visa application sent for administrative processing while ours were refused initially? What should we do next?
      Last edited by wadu13; 06-15-2024, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomanahmed View Post
        Dear Sir/Madam
        Good Day..

Finally, after Interview consular office told me that , your wife application has be successfully submitted for Administrative processes cookie clicker, but you and your both children (Both Under 13 Years) administrative processing have been refused, but NO problem it should resolve in two to three days, I am keeping your all passport and she given me the pink paper and clicked on.

My Questions.

Why it happened ?
        How long it will take?

Regards
        I advise you to contact the consulate office and provide it as soon as possible, to confirm the documents to speed up completion time.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will check the official website of the U.S. embassy or consulate in my country and ensure all necessary documentation is provided. It's reassuring to know that a "Cancelled Without Prejudice" stamp shouldn't affect my eligibility. I'll also consult an immigration attorney for guidance on my specific business situation.

Comment

It sounds like your visa application was placed under administrative processing, a common occurrence in certain cases. Here are some possible explanations and answers to your questions:
            1. Why it happened?
              Administrative processing is a routine step where additional background checks or reviews are needed. It could be triggered by various factors, such as needing more verification of your information, further security checks, or discrepancies in the application. The fact that only your wife’s visa was approved while yours and your children’s were held back may indicate that they need to clear additional background checks for your profiles.
            2. How long it will take?
              Administrative processing timelines vary significantly, typically ranging from a few days to a few months. The consular officer mentioned 2-3 days, but they also provided the pink slip, indicating it could take longer. The standard timeframe mentioned (up to 6 months) is a general guideline. However, since your wife’s passport was returned quickly, it suggests the process could be faster for you.
            3. What are the chances for Visa approval?
              If the consular officer stated that it should be resolved soon and didn’t request additional documents, it’s a positive sign. While "Refused" status on CEAC can seem concerning, it’s normal during administrative processing. Typically, once the review is complete, the status changes, and passports are returned with the approved visas.

To summarize, this situation is fairly common, and the chances of approval remain high if no additional issues arise during the review. It’s advisable to monitor your application status and wait for further updates from the consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X