B1 denied - Lawyer says reapply within 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 denied - Lawyer says reapply within 2 weeks

I am a citizen of India and recently applied for a B-1 visa through my new employer (1 months old employment) which was denied. In the past I have held F-1 and H-1B visas and never overstayed. I relocated back to India before my H-1B expired in 2009.

During my interview I was asked where and why I was going. I explained I was going to attend management meetings, and the officer said that it was very vague description. She rejected, and asked me to wait for some time and reapply when there is another strong justification. I feel that since I did not provide enough documentary evidence of the purpose of my visit - that is why it got rejected. I now have those letters, agenda of meetings etc. with me. Does it make sense to reapply within a few weeks of the first rejection?

Also, is there a process in which my company immig. attorney is saying that he will communicate with the embassy before my appointment. Do such things help?

Will highly appreciate a prompt response.

If you have better reason/documents to justify your visit, you can reapply again.

Lawyer talking to the embassy/consulate does not mean anything. They don't listen to anyone.

Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Some more information...

The consular officer did say that "Why is your company sending such a new employee for meetings?"

However, I have been hired to set up a delivery center for my company in India. I am going to US for a month to meet my senior stakeholders, get training on internal projects and participate in the meetings for defining the software process etc. I did not have documentation for this earlier (but I was never even asked to provide).

The consular officer also asked me to describe details of the meeting, which I fumbled with at that time coz I was a bit nervous. So, does the new evidence (which may or may not be asked again) improve my chances any bit?

Another important question is - if I get rejected twice, does that impact future visa possibilities for OTHER countries as well?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      If you have better reason/documents to justify your visit, you can reapply again.

Lawyer talking to the embassy/consulate does not mean anything. They don't listen to anyone.

https://www.immihelp.com/usa-busines...-requirements/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X