X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 No EOS/COS/AOS

Hi all,
    I have a B1/B2 10 yr M entry Visa.
    On my second trip to the USA, I was given a 2month visa annotated with NO AOS/COS/EOS.
    I was put thro a lot of questioning as to why I was coming back so soon(1 month). I explained I have interviews to attend(Internal Medicine Residency), after further questioning(the officer kept asking the same questions repeatedly) I was given the visa.
    My questions are-
    1) will this affect my future visits?
    2)will it affect my application for a J1/H1(visa with which I will do the residency) visa in the future.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
    Last edited by redfan11; 02-20-2012, 12:44 AM.

Guys please respond!
    Thanks!

Comment

Do you understand what that annotation means ? It means the CBP officer felt "something fishy" with your entry/exit pattern, and is *suggesting* the USCIS *NOT* to grant you a Change Of Status/Adjustment Of Status/Extension Of Stay.

While there are no rules or legal requirements for USCIS to follow that annotation (ie: were you to apply for COS/AOS/EOS, USCIS may grant it and disregard any annotation on your I-94), there is also no hard data on if USCIS follows those hints from CBP.

To your questions:

1) will probably affect future visits - again, depending on the pattern of such visits

2) should NOT affect your application for a F1/H1 visa. But the fact the CBP officer made that annotation is giving you a hint - for some reason, you looked fishy to them. You may look the same when you apply for your visa. So, no direct relation - but same causes may lead to a similar outcome and end in a rejection.

Watch what you do

Comment

Thanks Mickey mouse!
        I know what you mean..the fact that I returned so quickly must have raised suspicions..but I had interviews!
        I know nothing is certain..i have come to this country in search of excellence and hope everything works out fine.
        Also..in your experience..has a j1 visa been rejected for a physician who is going to pursue a residency in the USA? I have searched forums extensively..but have not seen a single rejection..i hope that us the case with me!
        My other question is..if the officer found my case so fishy..why didn't he just send me back? I'm of course happy he didn't..but out of curiosity..why didn't he ?

Comment

Also..in your experience..has a j1 visa been rejected for a physician who is going to pursue a residency in the USA? I have searched forums extensively..but have not seen a single rejection..i hope that us the case with me!
          I have no experience on this - hence I cannot comment.

My other question is..if the officer found my case so fishy..why didn't he just send me back? I'm of course happy he didn't..but out of curiosity..why didn't he ?
          And as I don't read minds either, cannot tell you why the CBP officer didn't send you back.

But as I said before - for your sake, keep this in mind next time you plan to travel. May not be so lucky next time . . .

Comment

Disney would be proud if you Mickey!
            Thanks for the response!
            I will take your advice and be careful next time!
            Will update the post if I get the J1..would be of help to someone in the future!
            But whatever happens, I won't give up on my dream!

Comment

I94 with limited stay - no eos, no cos, no aos

Hello,
              Me and my daughter are on B2 visit visa, we entered US on aug 15th 2013 - due to our frequent trips - the immig officer has limited our stay for 3 months with a no eos, cos or aos. my husband is a green card holder. we have filed for i130 on feb 2013.

this trip we were planning to file i485 as the F2A status is current but due to the remarks on the i94 not sure - please advise if we will be able to file for AOS with a positive response.

Comment

Check with an Immigration Attorney. If your GC date is Current, it will be sad to not utilize it. Engage an attorney for a consultation session.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Originally posted by gb2908 View Post
                Hello,
                Me and my daughter are on B2 visit visa, we entered US on aug 15th 2013 - due to our frequent trips - the immig officer has limited our stay for 3 months with a no eos, cos or aos. my husband is a green card holder. we have filed for i130 on feb 2013.

this trip we were planning to file i485 as the F2A status is current but due to the remarks on the i94 not sure - please advise if we will be able to file for AOS with a positive response.
                These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X