Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying for B1 immediately after rejection

Hi,
    I have been rejected the B1 visa two days back. I was asked the following questions:
    1. My Salary -
    I told X+Y while x was mentioned in the company letter. Y is the amount that I get as reimbursement. But VC didn't let me complete my answer & moved to the next question.

2. My total stay with the company -
    I told approx 1 year 1 month.

3. Have you every visited outside India>
    I said "No".

3. Why I'm going to US?
    I told for requirement gathering for a project. (forgot to mention that top level design discussion as well)

4. For how long I'm going?
    I told from 26-28 days.

5. Why would it take so long for this?
    I told her it's a big project & handed over the schedule letter to her.
    [VC] Started going through that & asked would the entire first week take requirement gathering meetings for X product only?
    [Me] Yes. this is big product & has lots of components. There is big team created this product in more than 2 years. I need to understand & discuss the requirements of that product for the plugin that I'll be developing with my team after coming back to India (was a bit nervous as it was my first visa interview ever)
    [VC] we would not be able to process your visa this time. Please ask your company to try some other visa for you.
    & handed out the 214 B booklet.

I was not sure what went wrong. But as far as I think I was not able to explain clearly that I'm there for requirement gathering & to discuss the top level designing. If there could be other factors please let me know?

Just to mention I'm from one of the big & well known software product company.

Now my company wants me to try again with lesser duration 10 days as this is very critical for the project. I have talked to couple of people they say the second time also they will reject because you are going for the same cause & duration will not affect your case at all. I just wanted the suggestion because I don't want to reapply in haste & get one more rejection?
    Kindly advise as soon as possible.

Did you get B1 Visa after first rejection?

Hi There,

I am in same situation and would like to know if you got visa secondtime?
    Thanks,

Comment

Rejected the second time as well

Hi All,

My B1 visa was rejected 2 weeks ago and my company sent me for a second round.
      This time they referred to the earlier visit notes and rejected again.

RR

Comment

Originally posted by rreddybsa View Post
        Hi All,

My B1 visa was rejected 2 weeks ago and my company sent me for a second round.
        This time they referred to the earlier visit notes and rejected again.

RR
        Hi,
        Today morning my B1/B2 visa got rejected. I was being sent to US by my company to attend Software Development Planning Sessions.
        Now, can I reapply for visa immediately? & if the answer to this is yes, what if this time too, my visa gets rejected again?
        Can I reapply for the 3rd time?
        How many times, I am allowed to apply for US visa after rejection for 2nd time?

Thanks. Please respond.

Comment

Hi u2000108,

most of your answers are wrong. sorry to say that but it is the truth.

1. My Salary -
          I told X+Y while x was mentioned in the company letter. Y is the amount that I get as reimbursement. But VC didn't let me complete my answer & moved to the next question.
          --why did you answer X+Y? u cud simply say *** lakhs p.a, your answer gave scope for negative impression.

2. My total stay with the company -
          I told approx 1 year 1 month.
          --what did you mean by approx, it means you arent even sure of the tenure of your stay with the current company, again negative impression

4. For how long I'm going?
          I told from 26-28 days.
          --B1 should always be applied for 2 weeks. max 3 weeks. you said days which again gave scope for negative impression.
          You did not satisfy justification for 4 weeks which is why she refused.

all your answers had scope of doubt. always give an answer which does not give rise to doubt.

applying again immediately mostly might not help...good luck anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Smitakam View Post
            Hi,
            Today morning my B1/B2 visa got rejected. I was being sent to US by my company to attend Software Development Planning Sessions.
            Now, can I reapply for visa immediately? & if the answer to this is yes, what if this time too, my visa gets rejected again?
            Can I reapply for the 3rd time?
            How many times, I am allowed to apply for US visa after rejection for 2nd time?

Thanks. Please respond.
            please mention Q and A so that we can help you.

Comment

My b1/b2 visa rejected

Hi
              My visa was rejected under 214b. I have valid h4 visa and had an entry n exit

Here R my qna

Vo: what is the purpose
              Me: business meeting with customers, n meeting sales team for business promotions

Vo: designation
              Me: asst manager business development

Vo: salary in month
              Me: x rs/ month

Vo: duration
              Me: 4 weeks

Vo: experience with current employer
              Me: it's been 7 months after rejoining. In total I have 2.5 years experience Vth current employer

Vo: is your husband back
              Me: no he is still working there. I have come back to India for good

Pls suggest for improvements if I want to reapply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X