B1 Visa Granted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Granted

Interview at Mumbai Consulate (BKC) at 7:45 am. Reached there at 7:20 am and was out by 9:15 am.

Questions asked:

Q. Why are you going?
    A. I am going to attend Book Expo America in New York.

Q. How long will you stay?
    A. Around a week

Q. What do you do?
    A. I have a publishing business.

Q. Is the business your own or you work for the business?
    A. Its my own.

Q. What is the business?
    A. Briefed about my business in a line.

In between, she kept talking to her colleagues which was quite shocking for me. I thought only Indians had this habit

Q. What is your earning per annum?
    A. I draw a salary from the business and it is ZZZ.

Q. Are you married?
    A. Yes

Q. What does your husband do?
    A. In the same business

Q. Is he joining you ?
    A. No, he is unable to attend it this time, so I will be going.

Q. Do you have children?
    A. Yes, I have a child.

Q. How old?
    A. 5 yrs.

Q. How did you know about Book Expo?
    A. We are into the publishing business and Book Expo America is North America's largest, so people from world over come there. We are also into rights selling and buying so thats how we know about Book Expo.

She said your visa has been approved and it will be couriered to you.

I was thinking of fooling my husband who was standing outside the embassy but my the smile on my face was out of my control.

For those who think that the visa officer's mood plays a role, this particular visa officer had rejected most visas before mine. So, please keep such misconceptions out of your mind and face the visa officer with an open mind.

Note that while talking to me, she was observing my body language all the time.

Also note that she did not ask me for a single document; only my passport. Nothing else, not even the mandatory documents. I could see 2 other windows while I was waiting and they were not asking for any documents. However, I recommend that you carry all your essential documents; it gives you a sense of confidence that you have everything in case the visa officer asks for.

All the Best to all of you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X