Please guide me for US B1 visa. I have been rejected once :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please guide me for US B1 visa. I have been rejected once :(

I had my interview on 17th august 2012 and I got rejected. Following are the details:

VO: Good Morning
    Me: Good Morning, How are you?
    Vo: Fine. What is your purpose of visit?
    Me: I am going there to meet google account person Mr X to learn new features that has been launched in adwords.
    Vo: What is the vertical of Mr X?
    Me: He is account Manager.
    (he asked me again as I guess he was not convinced with the answer. When I check when I came back in his linkedin profile it was mentioned Account Manager, Large Customer Sales.
    VO: Why Google US not Google India?
    Me: We have our market in US not in India and we have no connection to Google India.
    VO: Who is MrY ( Y is my USA Employer)
    ME: he is president of company. He is owner. ( I fumbled here)
    ( I want to ask that in my form I have written he is my employer so should I have told them only employer and not his designation.
    VO: Who pays you?
    Me: My company in India payes me.
    VO: From where Mr.X is coming?
    ME: California
    VO: Where in California
    ME(I took few seconds and told) : Mountain View
    VO: Are you going to California or they are coming to Brooklyn?
    ME: They are coming to Brooklyn at our main HQ.
    VO: Where will you stay?
    ME: Mr Y(my employer)’s office
    VO: Office????
    Me: I am sorry House.
    VO then type something in his PC and said I am sorry your visa can not be approved this time.
    I asked him what is the reason
    VO: You are not efficient to go there.

I want to ask I am reapplying the visa for the same reason on 25th September 2012, shall I add new reason?? And what extra documents shall I take? During interview Visa officer didn’t ask me to show the documents?
    Shall I show him the documents this time even if he doesn’t ask.
    What shall I write the reason of refusal in DS-160?
    Please help as its an very important meeting for my company

Originally posted by RichaAgarwal View Post
    I had my interview on 17th august 2012 and I got rejected. Following are the details:

VO: Good Morning
    Me: Good Morning, How are you?
    Vo: Fine. What is your purpose of visit?
    Me: I am going there to meet google account person Mr X to learn new features that has been launched in adwords.
    Vo: What is the vertical of Mr X?
    Me: He is account Manager.
    (he asked me again as I guess he was not convinced with the answer. When I check when I came back in his linkedin profile it was mentioned Account Manager, Large Customer Sales.
    VO: Why Google US not Google India?
    Me: We have our market in US not in India and we have no connection to Google India.
    VO: Who is MrY ( Y is my USA Employer)
    ME: he is president of company. He is owner. ( I fumbled here)
    ( I want to ask that in my form I have written he is my employer so should I have told them only employer and not his designation.
    VO: Who pays you?
    Me: My company in India payes me.
    VO: From where Mr.X is coming?
    ME: California
    VO: Where in California
    ME(I took few seconds and told) : Mountain View
    VO: Are you going to California or they are coming to Brooklyn?
    ME: They are coming to Brooklyn at our main HQ.
    VO: Where will you stay?
    ME: Mr Y(my employer)’s office
    VO: Office????
    Me: I am sorry House.
    VO then type something in his PC and said I am sorry your visa can not be approved this time.
    I asked him what is the reason
    VO: You are not efficient to go there.

I want to ask I am reapplying the visa for the same reason on 25th September 2012, shall I add new reason?? And what extra documents shall I take? During interview Visa officer didn’t ask me to show the documents?
    Shall I show him the documents this time even if he doesn’t ask.
    What shall I write the reason of refusal in DS-160?
    Please help as its an very important meeting for my company
    Seems like VO was not convinced of your necessity for a B1. The interview as you have mentioned shows nervousness and low confidence on your part. You would have to be more confident and know all the details pertaining to your trip such as duration, stay, purpose, contact details etc like the back of your hand. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Seems like VO was not convinced of your necessity for a B1. The interview as you have mentioned shows nervousness and low confidence on your part. You would have to be more confident and know all the details pertaining to your trip such as duration, stay, purpose, contact details etc like the back of your hand. This is my opinion not legal advice.
      So how can I convince him as it is very important meeting for our company. Also I would like to ask I din get the interview date on 25th sep, may be I will get in 1st week of october. So can this also create a problem tht i have to go on 14th oct n I am coming for interview in the first week?

Comment

>VO: You are not efficient to go there.
        If the VO has this opinion about you, I don't know of any way that you can use to improve your impression in the 'system'.
        This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
          >VO: You are not efficient to go there.
          If the VO has this opinion about you, I don't know of any way that you can use to improve your impression in the 'system'.
          But People do get chance to improve. That can not be the final decision for life time.

Comment

But People do get chance to improve. That can not be the final decision for life time.
            Generally, people take time to improve.

Comment

Generally, people take time to improve.
              So I have been rejected again. The lady did not ask me much apart from my reason and said you still don't show that you have strong ties with your country. Can you please guide me how can I show my ties to the country.

I am single and I have my family here. What documents shall I show??

Comment

So I have been rejected again. The lady did not ask me much apart from my reason and said you still don't show that you have strong ties with your country. Can you please guide me how can I show my ties to the country.

I am single and I have my family here. What documents shall I show??
                Sorry to hear that. I don't know in detail about B1 because I have never applied for it.
                Good luck.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I don't know in detail about B1 because I have never applied for it.
                  Good luck.
                  Sorry to hear about your rejection. Even if you apply again in most likelihood it will end up in same result.
                  Off late bachelor's with less experience are having difficulty getting themselves a B1 or B2. A lot depends upon over all experience, domestic salary, and of course family in domestic country.

Whats your over all experience? Real purpose of the trip? Family in India? Salary details?

Though personal, if you ponder over these questions, it may help in better understand the reason for rejection.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your rejection. Even if you apply again in most likelihood it will end up in same result.
                    Off late bachelor's with less experience are having difficulty getting themselves a B1 or B2. A lot depends upon over all experience, domestic salary, and of course family in domestic country.

Whats your over all experience? Real purpose of the trip? Family in India? Salary details?

Though personal, if you ponder over these questions, it may help in better understand the reason for rejection.

Hi Raghvi.

I have 3 years experience in search engine marketing and in this company I have completed my 2 years. My main purpose of my trip is to meet our Google Account Manager who will train me about the new features that has been launched in Adwords and since we earn around 40% of revenue through Adwords so it is very important for my company to send me as I am the one who manages Google Adwords Account in India.

I have my family in Rajasthan. My salary is 33,000 per month.

Comment

Hi Raghvi.

I have 3 years experience in search engine marketing and in this company I have completed my 2 years. My main purpose of my trip is to meet our Google Account Manager who will train me about the new features that has been launched in Adwords and since we earn around 40% of revenue through Adwords so it is very important for my company to send me as I am the one who manages Google Adwords Account in India.

I have my family in Rajasthan. My salary is 33,000 per month.
                      I would appreciate of I get reply. It will be of great help.

Comment

I would appreciate of I get reply. It will be of great help.
                        You experience and salary points to less expertise. Its not everyday that a 3 Year experience person is made part of a very important meeting for the company. To be honest I am sure there are more senior people in your organization who could go for this Meeting and thats what VO may have meant when they rejected intially. You can certainly try after some more time but advisabel to get more experience and then try again.

Comment

You experience and salary points to less expertise. Its not everyday that a 3 Year experience person is made part of a very important meeting for the company. To be honest I am sure there are more senior people in your organization who could go for this Meeting and thats what VO may have meant when they rejected intially. You can certainly try after some more time but advisabel to get more experience and then try again.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I would like to tell you my junior who has less than 1 year experience than me also applied for the visa for the same reason and it got approved. Is this all mere luck or any other factor???

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I would like to tell you my junior who has less than 1 year experience than me also applied for the visa for the same reason and it got approved. Is this all mere luck or any other factor???
                            I dont know the answer, but I have a question, in all genuineness for you : Do you think she is more humble and her personality is less confident than you ? (For ex., you may think she isn't as mentally smart as you)
                            I am asking this only for my personal research.

Comment

I dont know the answer, but I have a question, in all genuineness for you : Do you think she is more humble and her personality is less confident than you ? (For ex., you may think she isn't as mentally smart as you)
                              I am asking this only for my personal research.
                              Some people do get the better off a system and its valid for any setup. Now if you want to call it luck so be it. There are lot of factors at play from the kind of questions one faces, the VO who is posing the question, how one answers, family background, work back ground, education background etc etc. No two person and situations are similar hence cannot be compared as easily. One can only ensure that ones own documents and purpose is good.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X