Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indianapolis, IN Naturalization timeline and experience..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis, IN Naturalization timeline and experience..

If it helps anybody.......

Citizenship N-400 sent 2/4/2013
    Received at Phoenix 2/5/2013
    Case received text alert 2/8/2013
    Receipt received by mail 2/11/2013
    Finger print notice received 2/13/2013
    Finger print taken 3/5/2013
    Interview letter received 3/11/2013
    Interview taken 4/11/2013
    Online status to Oath Ceremony-Put in oath ceremony queue 4/19/2013
    Online status to Oath Ceremony schedule - letter sent 4/24/2013
    Oath ceremony letter received 4/26/2013
    Oath ceremony at Indy 5/9/2013
    Passport applied at Chicago Passport Office.. 5/10/2013
    Passport received on 5/14/2013

Just want to share my experience for future reference.

Nov 21 - placed in oath queue.

Nov 28 - received the following email:

On November 29, 2013, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location.

I was in a hurry to get the oath done in preparation for upcoming international travel. I didn't receive the letter after a few business days, so I got worried and did some googling. To my dismay, some people are reporting that they waited months for the oath (in different parts of the country). Still, the language in the email suggests my date was already scheduled, so I called the generic USCIS helpline to find out more. As expected, the agent was clueless and couldn't tell me anything beyond what was mentioned in the email. After some googling, I called the USCIS helpline again asking for a level 2 officer. The wait was 3+ hours but you can have them call back, which is what I did. Meanwhile, I made a call to the Indy courthouse where the ceremony occurs to find out the upcoming dates. I'm glad I made that call because they have the name list for those dates and were able to confirm my date over the phone. Super helpful. A few hours later the Level 2 officer called me back and also confirmed the date (yes, they have access to the date - even though the level 1 agent may suggest otherwise). The next day I got the letter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X