'Name Check' AFTER N400 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Name Check' AFTER N400 interview

I was interviewed on August 13th, 2013, along with my wife. She was approved at the spot, with Oath date given at the same time. My IO told me that my case is in 'security clearance' and I will be able to get oath date for September. My letter said 'a decision cannot yet be made ....'. She was courteous, even gave me the passport application form. I asked her if there is anything to worry about, but she said that this is 'routine'.

I have not heard anything back so far. My case status online says 'RFE sent', hasn't changed since August 13th. I have not received any RFE. I called the NCS, they opened a SR with local office (San Jose, CA), and next day I received an email response saying 'Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.'

The fact that my wife got her citizenship approved, while mine is still pending baffles me. Also I have a simple/straight-forward background/case, no issues with law-enforcement, name changes, violations etc. Employment based. Only thing is that I am Muslim, from Pakistan ... not sure how rigorous they are with our name checks, I am sure they do not go easy on 'Muslims' these days.

What can I do, wait and watch or get an INFOPASS, any suggestions ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X