X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA born child of Indian parent

Hi fiends,

We have following question USA born child of Indian parents (H1/H4 visa)-

My child is 9 months old and has already got USA passport and PIO. I am planning to go back to india and settle down there. I have read various website and official website of USA and India embassy but could not get answer of my all questions. Some of the question are answered by various threads but still I am looking to verify them. Below are my questions. I am sorry if I am asking too many questions but these are coming in my mind.

1 Can we have PIO renewal in India?
    2 What is duration to renew it?
    3 Since USA passport is renewed every five year, can we endorse new passport details in existing PIO in India only. Will it be a new PIO with new expiry date?
    4 Shall we renew PIO after expiry date of before some time when it is about to expire?
    5 When can I have OCI card, as per website baby can have OCI after 18 yr of age but he must be a USA citizen. Since we both are Indian citizen so baby can 't have it now.
    6 If after age of 18 of he wish to be a USA citizen how long OCI will be valid.
    7 As per web site we need to inform local police station if baby in INDIA more than 180 days. What if we miss it?
    8 Can we have Indian passport during his stay in India, even he has a valid USA passport.
    9 If Yes, what is the eligible age to get Indian passport and what is the process.
    10 Do we need to return USA passport after getting Indian passport.
    11 Is that possible that we can multiple entry in India using PIO i.e next 5-10 year and after that we can apply Indian passport.
    12 I believe if he got an Indian passport but can't get USA VISA on indian passport until he renounce USA citizenship.
    13 I believe since he has Indian passport along with USA passport, so he will act as India citizen and will get all benefits like natural indian citizenship in education,jobs etc.
    14 Can he join any Indian Govt job (NDA/CDS) in case he got indian passport.
    15 As per website after at the age of 18 he needs to confirm or renounce citizen ship of USA. Do we need to come USA to do it or it can be done in India only.
    16 Is this possible that as parent we can renounce his USA citizenship before age of 18.
    17 Once he renounce USA citizenship, he will a complete Indian citizenship in all manner like – Education/Job/Politics etc and will need to apply VISA to visit USA.

Thank you very much for reading it.

Regards,
    Vijay

Can i talk with you

Hi i have same questions as you.
    Can you please give me your contact details on [email protected].
    I am willing to talk with you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X