Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1/B2 Holder (me) Married a US Green card holder (spouse)- Plz help resolve my case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Holder (me) Married a US Green card holder (spouse)- Plz help resolve my case?

Hi all,

OUR DETAILS:

I am an Indian citizen with a B1/B2 visa which is valid till March 2024. I applied for it in March 2014 (when I was single) and obtained the 10 year visa. I married my gf in May 2014 in India when she and her parents came here (hence now I/we are married) and now I would be visiting USA in June 2014 to attend a research conference (i.e. for B1 purpose).

My wife has already back to USA after our marriage. She is a GREEN CARD holder since Feb 2011 and hence she would be eligible for applying for US citizenship in Feb 2016 (after completion of 5 years).

CASE DETAILS:

Now that our marriage has took place, we want to be together as soon as possible.

In my understanding, the option we have got is that: Once I go there in early June and come back to India in June end - after that - she files for our marriage petition back in USA - and then we have to wait till the next 2-3 years if the current visa bulletin stays as it is.

However, I would like to know if there is some other way she can file by which we can be together with each other soon??

Like say, what about marrying in USA? She is on a green card. So would that accelerate our case OR put us in some risk we not know of?

Any help/pointers will be appreciated. Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X