Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 houston, tx question

Hi,
    I have filed N-400 for my Mom and Dad on May 26th 2014. We received the FP notice dated June 5th and the FP was done on June 26th. In first week of July I received letter for my Dad to to the FIngerprint again on July23rd. This happend only to my Dad. Mom's status changed to Testing and Interview. Before we go to the FP for my Dad, i received yellow letter for both Mom and Dad saying bring your DL/ID and all possports to interview (This is not the interview notice). What does this mean? I can understand that letter for my Mom, why for Dad when his fingerprint wasn't even done at that time? We went on 23rd and got his FP done. Its been over a week since then and till my Dad's status is not changed from Initial Review to Testing and Interview. I have question here.
    How many times do they take FP if the print is not clear enough? The employee at ASC told me that this is the last time (Second time). Is it true? If yes, what happens next? My dad is old and his hands shakes and that is the reason his FP were not clear first time. I doubt it that it will be perfect this time.
    Whey this is happening ?

Some of seniors have helped me and given advice in the past especially Ray B. Can someone help me understand this situation?

Appreciate the help from you.

Thanks,
    C.Patel

Cpatel,

The yellow forms you received are normal "reminders" to bring identification to the interview, but are not interview notices. Everybody seems to be getting these lately (at least most of my clients).

It is not uncommon that older folks have a hard time being printed. A 93-year-old French woman I assisted had the same experience and she was not required to go back at all. Even some younger applicants have prints that cannot be relied upon, and two attempts might be the limit.

--Ray B

Originally posted by cpatel6928 View Post
    Hi,
    I have filed N-400 for my Mom and Dad on May 26th 2014. We received the FP notice dated June 5th and the FP was done on June 26th. In first week of July I received letter for my Dad to to the FIngerprint again on July23rd. This happend only to my Dad. Mom's status changed to Testing and Interview. Before we go to the FP for my Dad, i received yellow letter for both Mom and Dad saying bring your DL/ID and all possports to interview (This is not the interview notice). What does this mean? I can understand that letter for my Mom, why for Dad when his fingerprint wasn't even done at that time? We went on 23rd and got his FP done. Its been over a week since then and till my Dad's status is not changed from Initial Review to Testing and Interview. I have question here.
    How many times do they take FP if the print is not clear enough? The employee at ASC told me that this is the last time (Second time). Is it true? If yes, what happens next? My dad is old and his hands shakes and that is the reason his FP were not clear first time. I doubt it that it will be perfect this time.
    Whey this is happening ?

Some of seniors have helped me and given advice in the past especially Ray B. Can someone help me understand this situation?

Appreciate the help from you.

Thanks,
    C.Patel

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Cpatel,

The yellow forms you received are normal "reminders" to bring identification to the interview, but are not interview notices. Everybody seems to be getting these lately (at least most of my clients).

It is not uncommon that older folks have a hard time being printed. A 93-year-old French woman I assisted had the same experience and she was not required to go back at all. Even some younger applicants have prints that cannot be relied upon, and two attempts might be the limit.

--Ray B
      Thanks a lot Ray B. I will just wait for their interview notice then. Will keep this post and keep it up to date as for the timelines and any other issue that comes up.

Thanks once again.
      C.Patel

Comment

status as of 08/18/2014

Originally posted by cpatel6928 View Post
        Thanks a lot Ray B. I will just wait for their interview notice then. Will keep this post and keep it up to date as for the timelines and any other issue that comes up.

Thanks once again.
        C.Patel

Well, after that initial re-take of Fingerprint letter for my Dad we didn't get any letters. The status still says old things (we mailed you notice for Fingerprints to be re-taken.....). I believe they only change status once it is scheduled for interview. I hope that's what is happening now. Will keep you all posted about timing and type of communications I receive.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X