Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n400 Spouse, part 8, part 4

Hello,
    I am a US citizen since 2008, my wife is a permanent resident and we are about to apply for naturalization for her (she will have 3 years since she became permanent resident in January 2015). I wanted to get answers to a few questions from this wonderful website and helpful people who roam it, in particular about filling out form n400:

1. We just came back from an oversees trip, but resided in the same state for the last 3 years and had a total of 4 oversees trips totaling 77 days. Am I correct that we are fine to apply now? (in particular, we don't have the physical presence requirement broken due to our recent oversees trip?)
    2. Can we leave the country to go on a 1-2 week vacation to Mexico AFTER we file n400? I'm interested in legality of it, I gathered that there is a fear of missing invitation for fingerprints, but let's ignore that for this question.
    3. Part 8 of n400: Since we are applying based on spouse status, my wife was only in USA for 3 years not 5. How should I count the number of days spent outside USA and number of trips? I read responses about crossing things out on an application, but instructions explicitly ask you not to do so... That's really the biggest question I want answered
    4. Part 4 of n400: Similar question - should we list residencies my wife was at for the last 5 and not 3 years?

Thank you very much, you responses will be greatly appreciated and extremely helpful!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X