Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card about to expire

Hello,

My green card is about to expire in Feb'2015. I roughly have two & half months left on it. I am willing to apply for citizenship or renewal of greencard. It appears either of these processes could potentially take between 3-6 months. In order for me to continue working for my employer where either of these processes are in progress.

Would it be legal for me to work as soon as I file renewal of greencard or application for citizenship? Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you,

PB

If your Green Card expires while your Naturalization procedure is in process mode, you'll have to provide a receipt for your Green Card renewal application. You might want to think this out a little more.

--Ray B

Originally posted by prabhutum View Post
    Hello,

My green card is about to expire in Feb'2015. I roughly have two & half months left on it. I am willing to apply for citizenship or renewal of greencard. It appears either of these processes could potentially take between 3-6 months. In order for me to continue working for my employer where either of these processes are in progress.

Would it be legal for me to work as soon as I file renewal of greencard or application for citizenship? Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you,

PB

Comment

Green card about to expire

Thanks Ray!

Comment

You need to file for renewal of the Green Card with a higher priority, in order to to be legally able to continue working.

If your Green Card is a "conditional" Green Card, 2-year card, your receipt for your renewal application will give you an automatic one-year extension with the same rights and privileges.

If your Green Card is a 10-year Card, it is best to get your renewal process underway as soon as possible (within 3 months of expiration) to have proof of a renewal being in process.

--Ray B

Originally posted by prabhutum View Post
        Thanks Ray!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X