tampering with false document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tampering with false document

Hi, I wanted to know if there was any way for me to get a permanent residency. I came into the U.S in 1999. Then in 2007 I got married to a U.S citizen. She was pregnant twice, but had a miscarriage. In 2011 I went to Motor Vehicles and used puerto rican papers, SS, Birth certificate, credit card, to get a license . I did community service, probation and got arrested, but didnt go to jail. Now i dont know what to do. I did get approved for I-30. A lawyer even told me to go to NTA immigration court, but a guy that works in the immigration says not to do that because i could get deported. I don't know what to do. Please help. I need an advice. Thank you in advance.

If you ignore an Immigration Court summons (NTA), you have "burned your bridge." Failure to appear for a hearing stops most options for repair of your status. The "guy who works in immigration" didn't do you any favors by advising not to go to Immigration Court.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Cinthia View Post
    Hi, I wanted to know if there was any way for me to get a permanent residency. I came into the U.S in 1999. Then in 2007 I got married to a U.S citizen. She was pregnant twice, but had a miscarriage. In 2011 I went to Motor Vehicles and used puerto rican papers, SS, Birth certificate, credit card, to get a license . I did community service, probation and got arrested, but didnt go to jail. Now i dont know what to do. I did get approved for I-30. A lawyer even told me to go to NTA immigration court, but a guy that works in the immigration says not to do that because i could get deported. I don't know what to do. Please help. I need an advice. Thank you in advance.

Comment

tampering with false document

Hi I didnt get any letter from immigration to go to court, the lawyer wants that guy from immigration to send me a letter for and NTA immigration court. But the guy from immigration says not to do it because he could get deported.

Comment

Something is wrong with what you are describing. You are saying that a staff person from USCIS is telling you to avoid going to Immigration Court. But you are also saying that the "guy from immigration" is not sending you the NTA letter.

It's situations like these for which retained immigration attorneys are supposed to protect your rights and represent you.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Cinthia View Post
        Hi I didnt get any letter from immigration to go to court, the lawyer wants that guy from immigration to send me a letter for and NTA immigration court. But the guy from immigration says not to do it because he could get deported.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X