Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When ca my wife apply for her us citizen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When ca my wife apply for her us citizen?

My wife is permanent resident since 10/23/2013, and from that date until 07/24/2014 I was a permanent resident as well, then I became a US citizen on 07/25/2014. My question is, when is my wife eligible to apply for her citizen? I'm wondering about the period between 10/23/2013 and 07/25/2014 when I was a permanent resident (Green Card) if it is counted in the 3 years of her period to apply for the US Citizen or no.
    Last edited by monedargelia; 02-19-2015, 12:55 PM.

Originally posted by monedargelia View Post
    My wife is permanent resident since 10/23/2013, and from that date until 07/24/2014 I was a permanent resident as well, then I became a US citizen on 07/25/2014. My question is, when is my wife eligible to apply for her citizen? I'm wondering about the period between 10/23/2013 and 07/25/2014 when I was a permanent resident (Green Card) if it is counted in the 3 years of her period to apply for the US Citizen or no.
    I think the time starts for her from 10-23-2013 + 3 years ; so after 10-23-2016 she should be able to file for U.S citizenship, as she is married to a U.S citizen...(who on 10-23-2016 would still be a U.S citizen...as you recently got your citizenship). Start filling out your forms from 10-1-2016 next year and give it an easy 3 weeks and mail out...you should be all set.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Your wife can apply for Naturalization 3 months before the 3-year anniversary of when you became a U.S. citizen, on or after 4/26/2017. Her "3-year eligibility" is based on you having U.S. citizenship for that entire period.

--Ray B

Comment

Originally posted by vinniemak View Post
        I think the time starts for her from 10-23-2013 + 3 years ; so after 10-23-2016 she should be able to file for U.S citizenship, as she is married to a U.S citizen...(who on 10-23-2016 would still be a U.S citizen...as you recently got your citizenship). Start filling out your forms from 10-1-2016 next year and give it an easy 3 weeks and mail out...you should be all set.

My 2 cents.
        Thanks vinniemak for your prompt reply. If you see Ray, he says something else. Did you experience this case?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Your wife can apply for Naturalization 3 months before the 3-year anniversary of when you became a U.S. citizen, on or after 4/26/2017. Her "3-year eligibility" is based on you having U.S. citizenship for that entire period.

--Ray B
        Thanks Ray for the reply, did you experience this case? Because if you see below vinniemak says something else.

Comment

I think Vinniemak misunderstood the requirement. Go to the citizenship eligiblity instructions on the USCIS website, find the "Nationalization Eligibility Worksheet," and go through the drill, and you'll find the answer I gave.

I'm not in competition with Vinniemak to see who can give the best answer. I read his response first, then double-checked the requirements because I thought his answer didn't feel right. Among other experience, I have done citizenship for both of my wives who were immigrants.

--Ray B

Thanks vinniemak for your prompt reply. If you see Ray, he says something else. Did you experience this case?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ray for the reply, did you experience this case? Because if you see below vinniemak says something else.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
            I think Vinniemak misunderstood the requirement. Go to the citizenship eligiblity instructions on the USCIS website, find the "Nationalization Eligibility Worksheet," and go through the drill, and you'll find the answer I gave.

I'm not in competition with Vinniemak to see who can give the best answer. I read his response first, then double-checked the requirements because I thought his answer didn't feel right. Among other experience, I have done citizenship for both of my wives who were immigrants.

--Ray B
            Hey Ray,

No, sorry I didn't say you're in competition with Vinniemak, both of you did an effort and gave a prompt reply of my post, I appreciate the gesture you did either the response is right or wrong. Thanks for the clarifications

I'll read over http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...PDFs/M-480.pdf

Thank you again Vinniemak and Ray, you're rock.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X