Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing N400 -interpretation of residency requirements Going abroad before filing N400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing N400 -interpretation of residency requirements Going abroad before filing N400

I got my GC in Sept 2010. I already have till today finished the 2.5 yrs period needed to file. I also maintained & am maintaining status for my GC ( No trip abroad has crossed 6 months , though there have been for last 2-3 years, trips for like 5 months abroad -. Took them cos I was facing divorce ) .
    So if Sept 2015 makes 5 years over - earliest I can file is June 2015. In that context here are my Q's.
    Specific Answers to these Q's would be highly appreciated. Thank you v much indeed.
    --- There is a good chance that I'd be abroad for 1-1.5 months returning around mid march or march ending. Currently I live in TX and have been residing in TX since Dec '13. I have to be with my parents for sometime. Can I still file in June and explain the short trip abroad .
    -- Also I noticed that the N400 application processing time for other regional offices is 5 months .But for TX its at 4,5 & 7 of 2014 (for 3 field offices , as of 12/14 ,its lagging 8 , 7 & 5 months respectively ). Does that mean that it will take 5 months processing time + the retrogressed time or the greater of either.

--Also can I file with ANY field office in TX or that choice is governed by some other rules. In this context would it help if I took up residence in some other state ?

-- -- I was backlogged on my taxes but I filed them already. I have the copy of the returns I filed. IRS might still be processing those returns.My tax return copies indicating that I do not owe any taxes ( and in fact I am owed returns ) would suffice to convince that I am good on taxes OR I need IRS's response on those returns that would confirm the same

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X