Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N-400 Part 11. Good Moral Character questions .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 Part 11. Good Moral Character questions .

Last edited by Praetorian; 03-02-2015, 06:46 PM.
    London, Praetorian

It seems that USCIS generally does a simple name check of a law enforcement database as the result of the fingerprinting at the Biometrics appointment. The prints and ID information are submitted to the FBI and the check is probably made of the NCIC or similar law enforcement database. If nothing serious appears with such a check, there is no followup by USCIS during the review or at the interview.

But if the applicant responds positively to N-400 questions regarding law enforcement contacts (arrests, etc.), the usual USCIS response is to send a request to applicant for specific documentation of arrest and disposition ( police reports, court disposition and narrative explanation by applicant).

Based on your description below, it is evident that the applicant neither answered any questions regarding arrests that warranted a request from USCIS for more information, and/or USCIS reviewers found nothing on the FBI report that warranted followup.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Praetorian View Post
    Hello! to you reading this post .

I have some questions and concerns regarding USCIS's background checks on N-400 applicants.

My questions are: How FAR does the USCIS request from the FBI to check on an applicant, AND does the FBI or any law enforcement has the capability to check private state/government computer database for records ?

My reason for asking is this....... I know someone who recently passed her citizenship test and taken the oath of allegiance which made her now a naturalized U.S citizen. On the N-400 there are questions based on " Good Moral character " that asks about Assault in the intent to cause bodily harm etc.

Back in 2009 she was living in a group home where she has gotten into some fights after being attacked by her roommates who didn't like her. During one of those fights, she made a few threats and broken a glass table and assaulted her roommate with a piece of the broken glass. The Police was called as usual when a fight broke out in the home. NO charges were filed, she was taken to a Psychiatric Hospital for evaluation and was released 7 days later .

The Group home had written incident reports which were later typed in their foster care agency computer database ( Base in New York City/State ) .

So, i am wondering, would those reports affected her from becoming a U.S citizen if the USCIS had discovered them or later discovered them ???? If so, CAN or will this resort in her citizenship revoke ?

Even tho there is NO criminal records on her legally. BUT......what was written about her during the incident, her behavior towards the other member and was diagnosed by the hospital she was taken to with mental disorders etc; would that affected her qualification ? Because on the N-400 Part 11......She answered NO to all but YES to one of those questions, which asked - if someone has EVER been arrested Cited, or Detained by immigration officers or any other law enforcement etc. Due to the fact that the Police were called to take her in handcuffs to the mental hospital ordered by the manager of the group home.

I have searched the internet to find out information on New York's Records retention law. But the informations i've found are not satisfiable enough to my concerns .

Base on the information provided here regarding the incident and the year ( 2009 ) the incident happend; do you think its relevant to immigration purposes ? NO one was HARM or HURT than .

Any input you can give me would be VERY helpful . THANK YOU !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X