Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expired GC - Petition to remove conditions not yet approved - Apply for Citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired GC - Petition to remove conditions not yet approved - Apply for Citizenship?

Hi there,

I have a conditional green card that expired 6/13/14. I have the extension letter for 1 year of my status, so everything good. I read that I will be eligible to apply for US Citizenship after 3 years of being a permanent resident and still married to my US spouse. Application can be sent in 90 days before the 3 year mark of being a permanent resident. As I have a pending application to remove the condition on my green card, do I have to wait for USCIS to approve the application to remove the conditions before sending in my citizenship application?

Application to remove condition was sent in 4/25/14.
    Got RFE 11/24/14. Sent in all needed RFE info asap.
    Still waiting for a respond about the application, called USCIS a month ago, got letter saying they are still working on it.

We're planning to move to a different state 2016, so was hoping to get this whole citizenship done asap.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can send in your Naturalization Certificate application, once you are least 90 before the3 year aanniversary of having your green card, even though your removal of condition application is pending. Good luck!!

Comment

Thank you for answering Mary! Greatly appreciated!

I thought I had read what you confirmed some years back. However, when reading up on USCIS website it says I have to have 3 years permanent residency in order to send in my application. I also called USCIS and this extremely RUDE and ANNOYING girl started reading the same info I got from the website for me over the phone (while sounding like she would kill herself of frustration.... Not happy with her job clearly!) She had no clue. Also been googling the topic of this thread and not really finding any direct fact. Can't remember where I read this some years ago with the 90 days before 3 year mark rule.

Comment

U R Welcome. I haven't read up on anything per say, but I know all cases has that rule. Eg work permit, naturalization etc. It must be tough needing some answers and some one who is in the position to do it, aren't patient but instead rude. Don't dwell on that though, not all are nice.
        Now if you do not feel comfortable sending it in then you can wait for the three years window but I have no doubt, it's just like the others, three months prior to its 3 years anniversary. All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X