Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizenship Application - based on 5 years but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Application - based on 5 years but...

Recently I applied for citizenship.
    I have my valid permanent resident card since September 2009
    I did leave the country in October 2009 through LAX and came back through the Mexican border in September 2014.

I applied for citizenship based on 5 year period from the time I obtained my permanent resident card (October 2009).
    I submitted my application in November 2014 claiming that I have not traveled anywhere outside of United States for more than 24 hour period in the last 5 years (November 2009 to November 2014).

During the interview the immigration officer started with the facts that I was not present in the country b/w 2010 and 2014, he continued on insisting that I can not proof that I lived and worked in USA for the last 5 years. I passed all tests (civic and English).
    The office gave me 30 day period in which I need to show where I did travel in the last 5 years and proof of working and living in the country.
    I do work for local restaurants since October 2014.

Do I have any shot with the citizenship here?

I hope it's not dead end and someone will help me to find the light in the tunnel.

Originally posted by thenervek View Post
    I did leave the country in October 2009 through LAX and came back through the Mexican border in September 2014.

I applied for citizenship based on 5 year period from the time I obtained my permanent resident card (October 2009).
    I submitted my application in November 2014 claiming that I have not traveled anywhere outside of United States for more than 24 hour period in the last 5 years (November 2009 to November 2014).

During the interview the immigration officer started with the facts that I was not present in the country b/w 2010 and 2014, he continued on insisting that I can not proof that I lived and worked in USA for the last 5 years. I passed all tests (civic and English).
    The office gave me 30 day period in which I need to show where I did travel in the last 5 years and proof of working and living in the country.

I hope it's not dead end and someone will help me to find the light in the tunnel.
    If you DID live outside of the US for all that time, you're very lucky to even still have a Green Card. Your run the risk of losing even that if you continue the pursuit of citizenship through fraudulent statements. My advice: Withdraw the application, stay here and apply again in October 2019.

If this is a mistake, get prrof of your travels (stamped passport, airline tickets, IRS records).

Comment

Originally posted by thenervek View Post

No, you have no shot... You're not eligible for citizenship based on having a green card for a five-year period if you weren't living in the country for the entire five years. Why did you bother applying?

Comment

Not only are you not eligible to naturalize, but you lied on your naturalization application. There is a five year look back on Good Moral Character, so you now have to wait even longer before you can reapply. Citizenship is a magnificent benefit, you should get an attorney consultation to help guide your next course of action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X