Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent- Passport for child under 18 after naturalization of parent

Hello,

My wife and I recently became naturalized as a US citizen. I understand my 16-year old daughter automatically becomes a US citizen too, because of that. So can we apply a US passport for her too, or do we need to file a N600 and wait until a Naturalization certificate is issued for her? In other words, will the US passport office accept the parents' naturalization certificates and her foreign birth certificate etc as evidence of her US citizenship? The US passport website seems a little fuzzy on that detail.

I have my passport appointment tomorrow, so would appreciate a quick response from anyone!

Thanks!

Originally posted by yaniv22 View Post
    Hello,

My wife and I recently became naturalized as a US citizen. I understand my 16-year old daughter automatically becomes a US citizen too, because of that. So can we apply a US passport for her too, or do we need to file a N600 and wait until a Naturalization certificate is issued for her? In other words, will the US passport office accept the parents' naturalization certificates and her foreign birth certificate etc as evidence of her US citizenship? The US passport website seems a little fuzzy on that detail.

I have my passport appointment tomorrow, so would appreciate a quick response from anyone!

Thanks!
    according to this http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...Act_120100.pdf your daughter is automatically a citizen. In short, it means that you can just apply for passsport and avoid dealing with USCIS.

how did it go at the passport office? please update for the benefit of others here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X