Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship for child with green card born in India

Hello

My son was born in India and we moved here and applied for Green card.
    My question is, when applying for citizenship for us (parents) do I have to apply for citizenship for my son (under 18). Or do I have first get our citizenship and then the kid automatically becomes a citizen with applying for citizenship/biometric/processing fees.

Thanks, Raj

Originally posted by rjain15 View Post
    Hello

My question is, when applying for citizenship for us (parents) do I have to apply for citizenship for my son (under 18). Or do I have first get our citizenship and then the kid automatically becomes a citizen with applying for citizenship/biometric/processing fees.

Thanks, Raj
    According to the Child Citizen Act (https://travel.state.gov/content/tri...nship-act.html) your child is automatically naturalized after one of you gets naturalized. Once either or both of you are done with oath taking , immediately apply for your passport and the child's passport at the same time. You will need to submit one of your original naturalization certificate along with the original green card of the child along with the original birth certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by narayanak View Post
      According to the Child Citizen Act (https://travel.state.gov/content/tri...nship-act.html) your child is automatically naturalized after one of you gets naturalized. Once either or both of you are done with oath taking , immediately apply for your passport and the child's passport at the same time. You will need to submit one of your original naturalization certificate along with the original green card of the child along with the original birth certificate.
      Do I need N-600 for appication for US passport for Minor ?

Comment

Originally posted by rjain15 View Post
        Hello

Thanks, Raj
        Answer above.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X