Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to apply for citizenship

Hello,
    My wife and I got married around Nov 2010. She was in F1 status and I was on GC back then.
    I did apply for GC for my wife and she received the GC around Oct 2013.
    I became naturalized citizen around Dec 2014.
    We have been living in US all these days and do meet the continuous residence clause.

Will my wife qualify for 3 years rule (being wife of US citizen) or should wait for 5 years (since I was on GC when we got married) before she applies her citizenship?

I mean, can I submit N-400 for my wife in July 2016 (90 days before 3 years - Oct 2016) or should wait till Oct 2018?

Thanks in advance.

Your wife can apply within the 90 days before the third anniversary of your Naturalization. Since you were naturalized December 2014, and the 3-year anniversary is December 2017, she can apply late September 2017.
    ]
    --Ray B

Originally posted by Kevinimf View Post
    Hello,
    My wife and I got married around Nov 2010. She was in F1 status and I was on GC back then.
    I did apply for GC for my wife and she received the GC around Oct 2013.
    I became naturalized citizen around Dec 2014.
    We have been living in US all these days and do meet the continuous residence clause.

Will my wife qualify for 3 years rule (being wife of US citizen) or should wait for 5 years (since I was on GC when we got married) before she applies her citizenship?

I mean, can I submit N-400 for my wife in July 2016 (90 days before 3 years - Oct 2016) or should wait till Oct 2018?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X