Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization Certificate Lost Over a Year Ago

Hi immihelp community, please help:

Back in 2014, I swore in and received a naturalization certificate. Shortly after that I applied for a passport. I got the passport and nothing else. Some time had passed and I figured the supporting documentation probably stay filed with the passport administration - it was never called out that they'll be returned and I didn't know for what else I may need that certificate.

Months and years passed. I'm now working on an application that requires the certificate, so through these forums I (only recently) found out that the passport center was supposed to return all supporting documentation. Per some of the advice that had been given to other folks on here I reached out to the passport center (through mail, no phone provided) and they claim the document was sent back in 2014 in line with their procedures. However, I never got it. My husband doesn't remember us receiving it either (and both of us were looking out for it originally for at least a couple of months after I got my passport).

Now I don't know what to do - I know I can apply for a replacement, however, I'm concerned what happened to the original. Also, it truly bothers me that I have to pay and wait again when another agency lost the document. (That's the kind of thing that would happen on a regular basis in my country of birth...Yeah, I know...it's stupid and I probably need to suck it up, but I can't help it.)

Any advice?

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X