Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to school in Europe starting October, after N-400 biometrics

Hi all,

I submitted my N-400 in early May 2016, and just got biometrics couple of days ago (July 15th 2016).
    To my great surprise. I got accepted by a PhD program in france starting October 2016 for 3 years (Oct 2016-Oct2019).

I) Would I still be qualified to attend my interview and oath ceremony?

II) If so, how would I go about this visa-wise?

Here is my situation:
    My original country passport (will be called "xxx passport") will be invalid after I become US citizen.
    I have my wife and child at US, both of whom are US citizens.

So if I make french visa with my xxx passport, I will be able to make it to France starting October 2016.
    Then, for example, if I receive the naturalization interview notice say in November 2016,
    I will come back to US from France to attend the interview.
    1. Would the officer ask anything about my absence during the interview?

2. If I pass the naturalization interview, would the officer take away my greencard? when would they ask to take my greencard, during the interview or oath ceremony?

3. If I say eventually get the US passport, will I have to make french visa again to go back to school?

Thank you so much! I figured it should be ok for one to go to school abroard during the waiting period of N400, right? Any information from you guys will be highly appreciated!

anybody? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by CurlyAmerican View Post
    Hi all,

I submitted my N-400 in early May 2016, and just got biometrics couple of days ago (July 15th 2016).
    To my great surprise. I got accepted by a PhD program in france starting October 2016 for 3 years (Oct 2016-Oct2019).

I) Would I still be qualified to attend my interview and oath ceremony?

II) If so, how would I go about this visa-wise?

Here is my situation:
    My original country passport (will be called "xxx passport") will be invalid after I become US citizen.
    I have my wife and child at US, both of whom are US citizens.

So if I make french visa with my xxx passport, I will be able to make it to France starting October 2016.
    Then, for example, if I receive the naturalization interview notice say in November 2016,
    I will come back to US from France to attend the interview.
    1. Would the officer ask anything about my absence during the interview?

2. If I pass the naturalization interview, would the officer take away my greencard? when would they ask to take my greencard, during the interview or oath ceremony?

3. If I say eventually get the US passport, will I have to make french visa again to go back to school?

Thank you so much! I figured it should be ok for one to go to school abroard during the waiting period of N400, right? Any information from you guys will be highly appreciated!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X