Approved by USCIS but still no update. I-130 sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved by USCIS but still no update. I-130 sister

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if you can help me out with a bit of a query. My sister is a US Citizen born in CA, she and I applied for my citizenship in 2003 and everything was going smoothly, I even opened a PO Box in San Diego so I could receive US Mail faster and safer (I currently live in Tijuana México so I just cross the border to check my mail)

In 2009 I was approved by the USCIS with the following statement "On November 12, 2009, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number **** **** **** . We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

I did receive a notice to my PO Box and took it to a local immigration attorney in San Diego and I was informed that the letter basically stated that I needed to wait more time (about 6 to 8 more years). Since then I haven't received any new mail and when I go online to USCIS webpage I get the same message I got 7 years ago.

My questions are:
    1.- Is there another page where I can check my status, somewhere I can update my email, address, phone number or any other information if I have to?
    2.- Would you recommend hiring an immigration lawyer?
    3.- Is there a phone number where I can call and get a status update?

I'm getting a little concerned because I have no idea if someone tried to contact me or what information they have on file. At this point I don't know whats going on with my immigration status.

Any help would be much appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X