Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to avoid 10 yr permanent residency renewal before naturalization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to avoid 10 yr permanent residency renewal before naturalization?

Hi,

My wife will be applying for citizenship ASAP, but won't have had three years of permanent residency status until Jan. 6th 2018. She arrived Feb 27th, 2014, and we were married April 14th, 2014.

Is there any way to avoid paying for the full 10-year permanent residence status renewal when we just need it to cover one year? Maybe there's a conditional extension or something? Thanks!

All the best,
    Ned

Originally posted by Led View Post
    Hi,

My wife will be applying for citizenship ASAP, but won't have had three years of permanent residency status until Jan. 6th 2018. She arrived Feb 27th, 2014, and we were married April 14th, 2014.

Is there any way to avoid paying for the full 10-year permanent residence status renewal when we just need it to cover one year? Maybe there's a conditional extension or something? Thanks!

All the best,
    Ned
    Sorry, but I don't fully comprehend your situation. Your wife won't have permanent residency until Jan. 6th 2018. She must have gotten her green card on Jan. 6th, 2015. Since the green card is 10 years, hers will expire in 2025. Why do you need to worry about renewal when she can be naturalized way before that?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X