Is Five Years Necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Five Years Necessary?

Hi all, I'm very new here and I've recently become a green card holder. However, I've been in the US for up to seven years prior to this event as a foreign student. Is there anyway I can skip these five years or at least shorten to two years or less? Please I need help.

No you cannot. I am assuming you are asking if you can shorten the time frame to become a us citizen?

The answer is no. You have to satisfy the time required as a permanent resident along with other requirements to become a citizen.

Why are you in a hurry anyway ?

Comment

I want to get married to my girlfriend who's not a US Citizen and I heard that if I'm a permanent resident, she'll have to wait until I become a US Citizen to get a green card. Is there anyway around that?

Originally posted by TarCas View Post
      No you cannot. I am assuming you are asking if you can shorten the time frame to become a us citizen?

The answer is no. You have to satisfy the time required as a permanent resident along with other requirements to become a citizen.

Why are you in a hurry anyway ?

Comment

I'm trying to get married to my girl who is a non US citizen, but I read that if I am a perm. resident, she'll have to wait until I become a US Citizen to obtain a green card. Is there anyway around this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X