Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone contacted Maryland (MD) congressmen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone contacted Maryland (MD) congressmen?

Hi All,

Has any one in this group used services (Immigration) from the Maryland Congressman/Senator (Senator Ben Cardin/Mikulski Barbara or Congressman Elijah Cummings)? If so, how was your experience, especially in terms of their responsiveness and caring about immigration cases? Just wondering who would be the best to reach out to..

I need to contact one of them to look into why my N400 application has had no movement since my interview in July 2016 (been over 150 days now). After the interview (Baltimore office) my interviewing officer told me that he couldn’t approve my application the same day because he hasn’t received all my documents from the respective agency. Apparently, he should have gotten a second file with all my immigration documents, which he hadn’t received yet. I passed the civics questions test, and everything else that followed went fine. He said, there wasn’t anything that he thought was of concern, but because he hadn’t received all the files, it may take another 4-6 weeks before I receive further direction from USCIS. I've heard nothing since then. My wife's case is in the same state. I had opened a service ticket after 90 days, and went in for an infopass appointment after 120, but got no information.

I'm thinking of reaching out to Congressman Cummings. Any one worked with him or know if he/office staff responds positively for immigration matters.

Thanks all!

You can contact any congressman or senator and I assure your experience will be good. Our congressman and senator usually sends a status update request to any agency, they don't interfere with the proceeding but your file gets moved and actions are taken immediately with congressman's status request.

Originally posted by citiN400md View Post
    Hi All,

Has any one in this group used services (Immigration) from the Maryland Congressman/Senator (Senator Ben Cardin/Mikulski Barbara or Congressman Elijah Cummings)? If so, how was your experience, especially in terms of their responsiveness and caring about immigration cases? Just wondering who would be the best to reach out to..

I need to contact one of them to look into why my N400 application has had no movement since my interview in July 2016 (been over 150 days now). After the interview (Baltimore office) my interviewing officer told me that he couldn’t approve my application the same day because he hasn’t received all my documents from the respective agency. Apparently, he should have gotten a second file with all my immigration documents, which he hadn’t received yet. I passed the civics questions test, and everything else that followed went fine. He said, there wasn’t anything that he thought was of concern, but because he hadn’t received all the files, it may take another 4-6 weeks before I receive further direction from USCIS. I've heard nothing since then. My wife's case is in the same state. I had opened a service ticket after 90 days, and went in for an infopass appointment after 120, but got no information.

I'm thinking of reaching out to Congressman Cummings. Any one worked with him or know if he/office staff responds positively for immigration matters.

Thanks all!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X